Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budoka wrote:
Do you think I can just change profile back to 13 and rebuild?

I do not see why change profile to 13, the 17 profile work well
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means stay with 17.0 profile, it is not responsible for your issues...
eohrnberger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of qt-script, qt-core, qt-sdl, qt-dbus, qt-gui slot conflict

Quote:

Fix qmake build with glibc 2.28

We haven't yet run the configure checks to see if statx and renameat2
are present in glibc, so this fails when we redefine the structures and
functions.
linux/stat.h:56:8: error: redefinition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
bits/statx.h:25:8: note: previous definition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:110:12: error: 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)' was declared 'extern' and later 'static' [-fpermissive]
Change-Id: Ia741b559c24d46c78fb2fffd1548a792d22e3368
Reviewed-by: Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen@qt.io>
Reviewed-by: Jüri Valdmann <juri.valdmann@qt.io>
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/236308/

Seems that qt-5.11.1 can't compile with glibc 2.28.

Yet, glibc 2.28 is the highest version available?
Code:

eix glibc
[I] sys-libs/glibc
     Available versions:  (2.2) [M]2.19-r1^s [M]**2.19-r2^s [M]2.20-r2^s [M]2.21-r2^s [M]2.22-r4^s [M]2.23-r4^s [M]~2.24-r4^s 2.25-r11^s{tbz2} 2.26-r7^s{tbz2} ~2.27-r4^s ~2.27-r5^s ~2.27-r6^s (**)2.28^s{tbz2} **9999^s
       {audit caps cet compile-locales debug doc gd hardened headers-only +multiarch multilib nscd profile +rpc selinux suid systemtap test vanilla}
     Installed versions:  2.28(2.2)^s{tbz2}(14:08:26 08/05/18)(multiarch multilib -audit -caps -cet -compile-locales -doc -gd -hardened -headers-only -nscd -profile -selinux -suid -systemtap -test -vanilla)
     Homepage:            https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/
     Description:         GNU libc C library

If that's the case, shouldn't the qt-5.11.1 related packages all be masked until either an updated and compatible glibc version is available? And made as a requirement to qt-5.11.1?

Fixed the closing tag on the code block. -- desultory
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glibc-2.28 does not have any keywords.
blackkstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but when you go to update, glibc updates to 2.28 and then portage wants to pull in qtcore 5.11.1. This can potentially break your KDE, it's happened to me. In fact, here's what happened to me:

Not update in a month or so, need to install chromium. Can't install chromium without an aUDN world. Run the aUDN world, glibc updates to 2.28, wants to pull in qtcore 5.11.1, qtcore can't compile because of

Code:

In file included from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:94:0:
/usr/include/linux/stat.h:18:8: error: redefinition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
 struct statx_timestamp {
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/sys/stat.h:446:0,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/mkspecs/linux-g++/qplatformdefs.h:75,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:42:
/usr/include/bits/statx.h:25:8: note: previous definition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
 struct statx_timestamp
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:94:0:
/usr/include/linux/stat.h:61:8: error: redefinition of 'struct statx'
 struct statx {
        ^~~~~
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/mkspecs/linux-g++/qplatformdefs.h:75,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:42:
/usr/include/bits/statx.h:36:8: note: previous definition of 'struct statx'
 struct statx
        ^~~~~
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp: In function 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)':
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:110:12: error: 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)' was declared 'extern' and later 'static' [-fpermissive]
 static int renameat2(int oldfd, const char *oldpath, int newfd, const char *newpath, unsigned flags)
            ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/cstdio:42:0,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/ext/string_conversions.h:43,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/bits/basic_string.h:6349,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/string:52,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qbytearray.h:52,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qbytearray.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:49,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qstring.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/io/qiodevice.h:50,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qiodevice.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/io/qfiledevice.h:43,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qfiledevice.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfile.h:44,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_p.h:54,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:43:
/usr/include/stdio.h:164:12: note: previous declaration of 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)'
 extern int renameat2 (int __oldfd, const char *__old, int __newfd,
            ^~~~~~~~~
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:115:12: error: 'int statx(int, const char*, int, unsigned int, statx*)' was declared 'extern' and later 'static' [-fpermissive]
 static int statx(int dirfd, const char *pathname, int flag, unsigned mask, struct statx *statxbuf)
            ^~~~~
/usr/include/bits/statx.h:87:5: note: previous declaration of 'int statx(int, const char*, int, unsigned int, statx*)'
 int statx (int __dirfd, const char *__restrict __path, int __flags,
     ^~~~~
gmake: *** [Makefile:422: qfilesystemengine_unix.o] Error 1
gmake: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Is there some way to mask qt libs 5.11.1? I tried

Code:
=kde-apps/kdebase-meta-18.08.1
=kde-plasma/plasma-meta-5.13.5
=kde-plasma/plasma-desktop-5.13.5
=dev-qt/qt*-5.11.1

and it's still bringing in qt libs 5.11.1. I am running ~amd64, and I was having problems trying to do an update with just amd64. I am trying to mask all qt 5.11.1 packages but there's a lot of them.

I don't know what else to do, I know I can't downgrade glibc and I can't seem to get portage to not update KDE stuff.

Thanks

EDIT: I rolled back to amd64 and default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/plasma profile and I could fix the missing KDE and QT libs. Still a mess, though.
Hu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose sys-libs/glibc sys-kernel/linux-headers after you get the compilation error?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackkstar wrote:
Yeah, but when you go to update, glibc updates to 2.28

No, absolutely not. You must have put an entry into package.accept_keywords for that to happen.
blackkstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose sys-libs/glibc sys-kernel/linux-headers after you get the compilation error?

Code:
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     UD ] sys-kernel/linux-headers-4.13::gentoo [4.17::gentoo] USE="-headers-only" 0 KiB
[ebuild     UD ] sys-libs/glibc-2.26-r7:2.2::gentoo [2.28:2.2::gentoo] USE="(multilib) -audit -caps -debug% -doc -gd (-hardened) -headers-only -nscd -profile (-selinux) -suid -systemtap (-vanilla) (-cet%) (-compile-locales%) (-multiarch%*) (-test%)" 405 KiB

Total: 2 packages (2 downgrades), Size of downloads: 405 KiB

without ~amd64

Code:
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     UD ] sys-libs/glibc-2.27-r6:2.2::gentoo [2.28:2.2::gentoo] USE="multiarch (multilib) -audit -caps (-compile-locales) -doc -gd (-hardened) -headers-only -nscd -profile (-selinux) -suid -systemtap (-vanilla) (-cet%) (-test%)" 163 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-kernel/linux-headers-4.17::gentoo  USE="-headers-only" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (1 downgrade, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 163 KiB

With ~amd64

Has something changed that allows downgrading glibc or should I just hold on, I have my system working now and I think if I sit tight until qt libs work properly with glibc 2.28 I'l be fine. This isn't my primary computer. It would be nice to get an update world through, though.

asturm wrote:
blackkstar wrote:
Yeah, but when you go to update, glibc updates to 2.28

No, absolutely not. You must have put an entry into package.accept_keywords for that to happen.

Yeah, I did screw up, thanks for pointing that out, it would have kept causing problems. I have no idea what I was doing there.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

In general, I don't believe anything has changed. You would still need to remove some restrictions to actually make that emerge go through.

While downgrading 'sys-libs/glibc' /is/ possible without breakage (although that might not be completely true, if there's even one package that needs to be re-compiled), I would only suggest it if you knew exactly what packages you already emerged against the current version (it looks like you might have emerged quite a bit), and even then with lots of caution and “you'll get to keep the pieces if it (unexpectedly) explodes”. :]

(I have done it myself successfully, but I was quite prepared to un-do it all, too.)

If things indeed work, and stay working without serious security issues for example, it might indeed be best to just wait it out, and keep an eye or few on Bug 663916 (glibc-2.28) - [TRACKER] Issues with sys-libs/glibc-2.28 (directly and indirectly).

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.
blackkstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for the help. I had a mess and I figured I might as well downgrade because the next step was reinstall. I got away with a downgrade because I only emerged a few additional packages, and I had an old GCC laying around (6.3.0). So I rolled back to 6.3.0, downgraded glibc, then recompiled gcc 8.2.0, and am now emerging world. I keep getting weird errors that have no google search results, like qtsql not compiling because features.sql-sqlite are not found. But I just re-emerge them with emerge -1 (package atom) and it works.

This sure turned into a mess after I thought it was just a little qtlib slot problem. Looks like I'm on the road to recovery. Thank you again for the help, I love Gentoo, and it's just been getting better and better over the years.

EDIT: it exploded, was a good effort though and I had some fun. Time for a clean install. Don't play with glibc kids!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: