Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilla
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 7614
Location: Pelotas, BR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc. Reply with quote

This will allow an easy method of contacting all moderators at one time.
  • Users:
    • If you spot what you believe to be a duplicate post, please post a link to it here. In addition, include a link to what is being duplicated.
    • If you find a post you think belongs in a different forum, let us know.
    • Avoid multiple reports of spam:
      • If a user's posts are all spam, report the user, not the posts.
      • Review this thread after submitting a report. Please delete your report if someone beat you to the punch.
    • Any other post that you think requires moderation (violations of Guidelines, broken BBcode, etc.).

  • Moderators:
    • Please delete posts after you've addressed them.
Thanks in advance.

(original post from pjp)

2009-06-03: Added spam reporting tips. --timeBandit
_________________
"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept." -- Calvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asturm
Developer
Developer


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 6143
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: blopsalot
Topic: RFE: news item for new build dependencies
Post: post 8194598
Reason: the ncurses discussion may or may not be better split out into another thread. It is sliding down the offtopic route right now...
_________________
backend.cpp:92:2: warning: #warning TODO - this error message is about as useful as a cooling unit in the arctic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 18284
Location: here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic: php-7.2.4 fails to emerge
Reason: merge with this
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5569
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: 1clue
Topic: Gentoo leaves democracy
Post: post 8208990
Reason: they are suggesting (unambiguously) that mv is using a sockpuppet account (a violation of the guidelines) for some nefarious purpose. Given their exchanges in that thread that seems to me an attempt to slur mv's character, and a personal insult.

Thanks. The account does seem likely to be a duplicate, but for now at least they're behaving. I'll monitor for now, though someone else may decide to nip it in the bud. --pjp

pjp ... I wasn't reporting the account suspected of being a sockpuppet, I was reporting the fact that 1clue's post suggests that mv is behind it (though 1clue has subsequently stated this was "not the intent"). I read this as an attempt to slur, insult, or incite, mv ... and so a violation of the guidelines. That may not be the case, but you should at minimum speak to both mv, and 1clue about it.

Thanks for your feedback. At the time, I did not come to the same conclusion and instead chose to monitor. Fortunately, I did not notice an escalation of behavior. I prefer to afford people the opportunity to behave as adults and only step in when needed. Text is a method of communication that does not lend itself well to clarity. Stepping in too soon can cause its own problems, including an unnecessary burden to engage in the most minor of misunderstandings. --pjp, 2018.04.19


Last edited by khayyam on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 18284
Location: here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic: How to install full Qemu on ARM64?
Reason: merge with this
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 18284
Location: here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic: kernel 4.4.9 emerge command fail
Reason: emerge problem, fill better in Portage & Programming
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koala Kid
Guru
Guru


Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: Nathanie
Topic: Just want to say Hi!
Post: post 8211578
Reason: spam

Thank you. Binned and Banned
-- NeddySeagoon

_________________
"People are the worst, the worst thing about music is that people play it". M. Patton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3346

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: KlaraBur
Topic: I am the new one
Post: post 8211726
Reason: spam

[Banned by JRG below. -Hu]
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3346

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: KlaraBur
Topic: I am the new girl
Post: post 8211716
Reason: spam

[Banned by JRG below. -Hu]
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3346

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: KlaraBur
Topic: I am the new guy
Post: post 8211708
Reason: spam

Cleaned up the mess (all of the above). Thanks. — JRG
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Jun 2002
Posts: 1376
Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: IsobelSw
Topic: Just want to say Hello.
Post: post 8211862
Reason: Spam

Banned, thanks. --pjp
_________________
mcgruff wrote:
I can't promise to be civil.


pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6229
Location: Saint Amant, Acadiana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: JohnnyKu
Reason: Spam

Cleaned up, thanks. -- desultory
_________________
Please learn how to denote units correctly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 18284
Location: here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic: Stage 3 for arm
Reason: fill better in Gentoo on ARM

Moved as recommended. Thanks for reporting. — JRG
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5569
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic: Gentoo leaves democracy
Reason:

pjp wrote:
Moved from Gentoo Chat to Off the Wall as it now fits much better there.

Can this be moved back to the relevant subforum, thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17130

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
Topic: Gentoo leaves democracy
Reason:

pjp wrote:
Moved from Gentoo Chat to Off the Wall as it now fits much better there.

Can this be moved back to the relevant subforum, thanks.
If other moderators and admins disagree with my decision, I won't object.

It was moved because of:
- very early off-topic discussion of general politics.

Eventually:
- Trump
- Porn

Those categories of discussion are not appropriate outside of Off The Wall.

EDIT:
pjp wrote:
Locked while I split off the discussions unrelated to the original post.

_________________
I can saw a woman in two, but you won't want to look in the box when I'm through.
For my next trick, I'll need a volunteer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5569
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
Can this be moved back to the relevant subforum, thanks.

pjp wrote:
It was moved because of: - very early off-topic discussion of general politics.

pjp ... as I argued previously, wherever it has strayed into "non-gentoo politics" is due to their being contention about what such "gentoo politics" is.

pjp wrote:
Eventually:
- Trump
- Porn

Both of those occur in only one post, and are not about Trump/porn. If there is a problem with that post then this should be taken up with krinn ... the thread should not be moved because one individual made an ill advised analogy.

pjp wrote:
Those categories of discussion are not appropriate outside of Off The Wall.

I fail to see how "democracy" can be discussed without touching on "general politics", any meta discussion there is relevant to the subject at hand. As for Trump/porn, again, this is one post in a nine page thread ... if moderation is required then it would be best to moderate that one post and not the entire thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17130

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general discussion of politics seems to be the bulk of the 9 pages and is a separate discussion from the core thread topic. On f.g.o there exists a place for discussion of general politics.

Because the original topic deserves a voice, I'm going unlock it, possibly temporarily, pending feedback from moderators and admins.
_________________
I can saw a woman in two, but you won't want to look in the box when I'm through.
For my next trick, I'll need a volunteer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. T.
Guru
Guru


Joined: 26 Dec 2016
Posts: 478

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: Mr. T.
Reason: Could you close my account, please?

Banned as requested. -- desultory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krinn
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 6494

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: krinn
Topic: Gentoo leaves democracy
Post: post 8210906
Reason: change pornstar with "cinema industry worker", i don't know where should i change trump as i never say that name anywhere myself (if i'm not wrong).

This because i backup khayyam, OTW because i have said "pornstar" really?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krinn
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 6494

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: krinn
Topic: Gentoo leaves democracy
Post: post 8211236
Reason: now m. siffredi is sending message to his mom instead of a hooker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 18284
Location: here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: SunnySmelo
Reason: spam profile
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5569
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
The general discussion of politics seems to be the bulk of the 9 pages and is a separate discussion from the core thread topic. On f.g.o there exists a place for discussion of general politics.

pjp ... I disagree, and your previous comment on this subject contradicts that assessment:

pjp wrote:
The thread briefly detours on page 1 with shells, and then on page 2 with the "nuance of meaning". Unfortunately, there are enough on topic comments to make a split non-trivial.

... that is on page 6, and there is no "general politics" after that point, the discussion that follows is on the non-fact of their being a sockpuppet account, then someone revives the discussion of shells, then it turns to the drobbin's ban, and so gentoo.

pjp wrote:
Because the original topic deserves a voice, I'm going unlock it, possibly temporarily, pending feedback from moderators and admins.

OK, but I don't see why you think it needs to be locked, no-end of discussions have similar digressions, ie:

FSF doesn't endorse Gentoo, which veers into FCC approval, gun modification, RF regulation/lockdown, EM radiation, back to guns, back to FSF, apologies for previous statements, OTW, Clinton pr0n, back to the FSF & GPL, back to EM interference and the law, back to the FSF, kernel blobs, back to the GPL, other FOSS licences, back to the GPL, and ends on distribution models. Other "chat" threads are similarly wide and varied, so off-topic discussion doesn't seem to warrent locking because this is enevitably what happens in chat.

krinn wrote:
This because i backup khayyam, OTW because i have said "pornstar" really?

I'm inclined to see it as those two words in combination, had you said "Clinton pron" it probably would have gone without mention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum