Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
This update has turned into a nightmare.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-t option does not solve conflicts, it shows the dependency tree, helping you to find out why a package is pulled in.
emaint does not know what you want in world file, it only checks if all entries are valid packages.
You, and only you can decide what you want to be installed. It is a nobrainer, really. Everything you do not know needs to be removed from world file. For instance, gimp is OK, but glibc does not belong there (although this one is harmless because it is part of the system).
thurnax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see that the -t argument adds any more useful information either. I may resolve zlib and libxcb, it is ridiculous how many times I have rebuilt long-runners such as llvm and mesa by now.

I'm not sure whether I should mask the special snowflake flake8 or accept that an older version of pyflakes should be installed onto the system.

I don't understand why it complains that there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.5.1[ruby_targets_ruby23]" when there evidently is dev-ruby/rubygems-2.6.14 >= 2.5.1 available for emerge.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22" in your emerge --info. More freedom you give to the portage less conflicts you get.
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurnax,

The whole thing says ">=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.5.1[ruby_targets_ruby23]"
Portage needs dev-ruby/rubygems-2.5.1 or newer, with USE=ruby_targets_ruby23 and you only allow ruby_targets_ruby22.

Do not set RUBY_TARGETS yourself. It will be inherited from your profile.
If you do set it yourself, you need to maintain it yourself too.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I had a problem with a world emerge. Portage said that (I forget which package) "package-5.4.0 is blocking package-5.4.0" and suggested unmasking a later version. The current version was latest stable and there was no use flag change. So I did "emerge =packageclass/package-name-5.4.0 --nodeps" which is a sharp knife but prevents portage from checking dependencies.
After that emerge "emerge -auvND world" showed no more action was required.

Portage is trying to be smart and handhold, but winds up like Westworld where nothing can go wrong go wrong go wrong...
I would rather that it state the problem inm human terms and forget about suggesting a solution.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure, had you posted the message here, we would have been able to read it for you.
thurnax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with ruby it appears. I have uninstalled everything related to ruby. If I 'emerge -s ruby' every package listed there is marked as "Not Installed". I added ruby back to the make.conf USE flags and I added changed the RUBY_TARGETS string to "ruby21 ruby22 ruby23 ruby24". I did 'emerge --changed-use' but still I cannot get the ruby packages to install. I tried to emerge the the individual packages using the --nodep argument that has a dependency with rubygems:
Code:
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.5.1[ruby_targets_ruby23]".
(dependency required by "virtual/rubygems-13::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby23]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/racc-1.4.14::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/rdoc-5.1.0::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby24]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/ruby-2.4.2::gentoo[rdoc]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/minitest-5.10.3::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby24]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/ruby-2.2.8::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/rake-12.1.0::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby22]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/json-2.1.0::gentoo[-test,ruby_targets_ruby24]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/ruby-2.3.5::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/test-unit-3.2.6::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby23]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/test-unit" [argument])

But that only generated errors in the compile/make phase. I managed to build ruby-2.4.2 only. The rest just failed. The command "eselect ruby list" returns the error message "!!! Error: Can't load module ruby". My 'emerge --info' now looks like this:

https://pastebin.com/PcSR701L

What's wrong and how do I solve it?

That flaky flake8 package suffers from special snowflake syndrome and refuses to emerge, what is the best way to handle it?
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
I'm sure, had you posted the message here, we would have been able to read it for you.

Are you addressing me, asturm? I had no trouble reading it. It said that my current installed was blocking itself and suggested that I unmask the latest unstable, even though I am running stable amd64.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945 wrote:
This sounds like a Windows install rather than a Linux install. Unless there is evidence of disk corruption there is no need to reformat and start from scratch. Missing files can be recovered from the stage3 or the portage snapshot. If they are gone they can be downloaded with sysrescuecd. Partitions can ever be created, moved, and resized with gparted on sysrescuecd.
Stage 3 and portage snapshots don't repair /var/db/pkg, do they? Others to whom I'd defer on expertise seemed to think that was a problem. I've never tried to recover a "broken" system after having removed /var/db/pkg.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Stage 3 and portage snapshots don't repair /var/db/pkg, do they? Others to whom I'd defer on expertise seemed to think that was a problem. I've never tried to recover a "broken" system after having removed /var/db/pkg.
Well they create it, don't they? I don't recall a step creating /var/db/pkg. A full re-install may be required. The OP seems to be practicing brain surgery by randomly jabbing a screwdriver into hs brain, I'll grant you, but the re-install shouldn't require recreating the partitions or the filesystems. You format a drive or partition if the filesytem is hosed or you are e,g. changing ext4 to btrfs, but there is no need otherwise.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portage database is created as the packages are installed, containing information about USE flags in use, etc. If it is lost then technically emerge -e @world should restore it, assuming all other configuration files are intact, but it seems a hard way to do it.
thurnax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I'm not trying to repair /var/db/pkg, I restored it as described in prior post, no harm done, I had a backup from before I started the update. The only thing that may be broken is the collateral damage from the command 'rm -rf /usr/lib64/python3.4/site-packages/". I did what I could to restore it but there may still be some package that is broken that I have not yet discovered. The details of my restoration procedure is described in prior posts.

I have managed to resolve the flake8 package by 'emerge --ask --nodeps flake8' so that one is out of the picture. I emerged ncurses with nodeps too and then oneshotted all 20 packages that depends on ncurses-5.9. All of the packages rebuilt successfully but one; lame. Reason: 'autoconf -I . --force' generated the following error:
Code:
configure.in:394: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GTK
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

Attempted remedy: emerge x11-libs/gtk+, emerged gtk+-3.22, the results had no effect. I saw in equery that there are 2 slots for gtk; one for gtk2 and one for gtk3. Don't know how to manage that. The error with lame-3.99.5-r1 remains. Cannot fix it. I don't really need lame (mp3 encoder of the past) but ffmpeg depends on it.

But still, the ruby thing is a mess. I don't know how to fix that. I don't have any slot conflicts anymore, they are all resolved now. This is what my package.accept_keywords looks like.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by removing this line from your make.conf:
Code:
RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22"
- John

- John
thurnax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In prior post I indicated that I changed it to "ruby21 ruby22 ruby23 ruby24". I have now removed the line completely. It had no effect on emerge. Same errors persist.
jonathan183
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Portage database is created as the packages are installed, containing information about USE flags in use, etc. If it is lost then technically emerge -e @world should restore it, assuming all other configuration files are intact, but it seems a hard way to do it.

Interesting ... just tried emerge -pve @world with /var/db/pkg in place and with it renamed and got different results - anyway OP is not having to do this ...

thurnax wrote:
Attempted remedy: emerge x11-libs/gtk+, emerged gtk+-3.22, the results had no effect. I saw in equery that there are 2 slots for gtk; one for gtk2 and one for gtk3. Don't know how to manage that.

Try for example ...
Code:
emerge -pv =x11-libs/gtk+-2.24.31-r1

or
Code:
emerge -pv =x11-libs/gtk+-3.22.16
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errors are in the latest pastebin?

- John
thurnax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emerged gtk+ with version number explicitly mentioned; "=x11-libs/gtk+-2.24.31-r1" so with 'equery y', I have the following install configuration:
Code:
# equery y gtk+
Keywords for x11-libs/gtk+:
              |                                 | u   | 
              | a a   a         n   p r     s   | n   | 
              | l m   r h i m m i   p i s   p   | u s | r
              | p d a m p a 6 i o p c s 3   a x | s l | e
              | h 6 r 6 p 6 8 p s p 6 c 9 s r 8 | e o | p
              | a 4 m 4 a 4 k s 2 c 4 v 0 h c 6 | d t | o
--------------+---------------------------------+-----+-------
[I]2.24.31-r1 | + + + ~ + + o ~ o + + o ~ ~ + + | o 2 | gentoo
--------------+---------------------------------+-----+-------
   3.22.15    | + + + ~ + + o ~ o + + o ~ ~ + + | o 3 | gentoo
[I]3.22.16    | + + + ~ ~ + o ~ o ~ ~ o ~ ~ ~ + | o   | gentoo
   3.22.17    | ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ o ~ o ~ ~ o ~ ~ ~ ~ | #   | gentoo
   3.22.19    | ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ o ~ o ~ ~ o ~ ~ ~ ~ | o   | gentoo

But alas, lame still refuses to emerge with the same error.

I don't know what errors you are referring to, ' emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y --ask --verbose-conflicts --backtrack=900 @world' yields:
Code:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.5.1[ruby_targets_ruby23]".
(dependency required by "virtual/rubygems-13::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby23]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/ffi-1.9.18::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "virtual/ruby-ffi-4::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby22]" [installed])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

and e.g. 'emerge -1a rubygems' yields
Code:

(dependency required by "dev-ruby/racc-1.4.14::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/rdoc-5.1.0::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby24]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/ruby-2.3.5::gentoo[rdoc]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/minitest-5.10.3::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby23]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/ruby-2.2.8::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/rake-12.1.0::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby22]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-ruby/json-2.1.0::gentoo[-test,ruby_targets_ruby24]" [ebuild])
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This line:
Code:
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.5.1[ruby_targets_ruby23]"
says rubygems is trying to build against ruby-2.3*. Better check what version of ruby you have installed:
Code:
equery list -i ruby
Report results, please. If you don't have equery, emerge gentoolkit.

- John
jonathan183
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have rubgems installed ... emerge -pv rubygems returns
Code:

[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/libyaml-0.1.7::gentoo  USE="-doc -examples -static-libs {-test}" 516 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] app-eselect/eselect-ruby-20161226::gentoo  2 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-util/ragel-6.10::gentoo  USE="-vim-syntax" 1,205 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-lang/ruby-2.2.8:2.2::gentoo  USE="berkdb gdbm ncurses rdoc readline ssl -debug -doc -examples -ipv6 -jemalloc (-libressl) -rubytests -socks5 -tk -xemacs" 10,280 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/rubygems-2.6.14::gentoo  USE="-server {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 (-ruby23) (-ruby24)" 752 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/rubygems-11::gentoo  RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 (-rbx) (-ruby23)" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/minitest-5.8.4:5::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 (-ruby23)" 71 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/rake-10.5.0::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 (-ruby23)" 128 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/power_assert-0.3.1::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 (-ruby23)" 14 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/test-unit-3.1.9:2::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 (-ruby23)" 122 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/json-1.8.6-r1::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22 (-ruby23) (-ruby24)" 141 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/racc-1.4.11::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22" 111 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-ruby/rdoc-4.2.0::gentoo  USE="-doc {-test}" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22" 718 KiB

Total: 13 packages (13 new), Size of downloads: 14,056 KiB

I'd unmerge rubygems ... others may have a better suggestion
Ed: John posted above while I was replying ...
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow on question. Do you know why you need ruby? The ruby USE flag is set in your make.conf.

- John
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurnax wrote he had to keyword some packages. This means something is broken already, building a mixed system is a recipe for conflicts.
thurnax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to be able to learn and develop ruby on rails applications on this system, but not an absolute necessity. I would prefer to use ruby 2.4 and rails 5 should I install it on this system. Earlier versions could work but most tutorials are geared towards these versions of ruby and rails. It is not a necessity though, as I understand, ruby is poorly maintained under Gentoo, or at least has been and I have another machine with Ubuntu, which probably is the best/safest distro for ruby on rails deployment, if I am to believe what people are saying about it.

When I did 'emerge --nodep dev-lang/ruby, it installed ruby-2.4.2. Then I also tried emerging back all the removed ruby packages, using --nodep. Most of them failed but some succeeded. I now have a ruby 2.4 module, i.e:
Code:
# eselect ruby list
Available Ruby profiles:
  [1]   ruby24 *

Code:
# equery list -i ruby
 * Searching for ruby ...
[IP-] [  ] dev-lang/ruby-2.4.2:2.4

I'm all for cleaning the system from ruby, removing the ruby USE flag didn't help though. Perhaps there are some packages in the system that need ruby.

I don't have rubygems installed on the system. I'm unable to unmerge it.
jonathan183
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
More freedom you give to the portage less conflicts you get.

thurnax wrote:
I don't have rubygems installed on the system. I'm unable to unmerge it.

My experience of using Gentoo is there are a few packages it can be easier to --unmerge and let portage pull in latest versions as dependencies etc ymmv and others may have a different view.
I can't comment on ruby because as you could see from an earlier post I don't even have it installed.
thurnax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with ruby seems to be that I'm unable to properly uninstall it, I don't even know how to do it. Merely removing the "ruby" useflag, or all use flags with "ruby" in them and then 'emerge --changed-use @world' doesn't help. I tried removing some packages such as "dev-lang/ruby" but the problem with rubygems as described above remains.

I tried manually editing "/etc/portage/package.accept_keywords" and removing every line that has "ruby" in it. That got rid of the error with rubygems, but now emerge is nagging me to add these USE changes:
Code:
The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.use" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by dev-lang/ruby-2.2.8::gentoo
# required by dev-ruby/rdoc-4.2.0::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby22]
>=dev-ruby/minitest-5.8.4 ruby_targets_ruby22
# required by dev-lang/ruby-2.2.8::gentoo[rdoc]
# required by virtual/rubygems-11::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby22]
# required by dev-ruby/json-1.8.6-r1::gentoo[-test,ruby_targets_ruby22]
>=dev-ruby/racc-1.4.11 ruby_targets_ruby22
>=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.6.14 ruby_targets_ruby22
>=dev-ruby/rake-10.5.0 ruby_targets_ruby22
>=dev-ruby/test-unit-3.1.9 ruby_targets_ruby22
>=dev-ruby/power_assert-0.3.1 ruby_targets_ruby22
# required by dev-ruby/power_assert-0.3.1::gentoo[-test,ruby_targets_ruby22]
# required by dev-ruby/test-unit-3.1.9::gentoo[ruby_targets_ruby22]
>=dev-ruby/json-1.8.6-r1 ruby_targets_ruby22
# required by dev-ruby/minitest-5.8.4::gentoo[-test,ruby_targets_ruby22]
>=virtual/rubygems-11 ruby_targets_ruby22
# required by dev-ruby/json-1.8.6-r1::gentoo[-test,ruby_targets_ruby22]
>=dev-ruby/rdoc-4.2.0 ruby_targets_ruby22

Why? I don't even have anything to do with ruby anymore! None of these packages are even installed!!

Then I have a "Blocked packages" error involving Latex:
Code:
[ebuild     U  ] dev-tex/xcolor-2.12 [2.11]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-tex/latex-beamer-3.36 [3.33]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 [2014] USE="luajittex%*"
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016 [2014]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-genericrecommended-2016 [2014]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-fontutils-2016 [2014]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-plainextra-2016 [2014]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended-2016 [2014]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-fontsrecommended-2016 [2014]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-texlive/texlive-bibtexextra-2016 [2014]
[ebuild     U  ] app-text/texlive-2016 [2014]
[blocks B      ] <dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016 ("<dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016" is hard blocking dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016)
[blocks B      ] <dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016 ("<dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016" is blocking dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016)
[blocks B      ] <dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 ("<dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016" is hard blocking dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016)

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016 required by (dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-texlive/texlive-latex required by (dev-tex/latex-beamer-3.36:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016 required by (dev-texlive/texlive-bibtexextra-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016 required by (app-text/texlive-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-texlive/texlive-latex required by (dev-tex/xcolor-2.12:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 required by (dev-texlive/texlive-plainextra-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 required by (dev-texlive/texlive-fontsrecommended-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 required by (dev-texlive/texlive-genericrecommended-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 required by (app-text/texlive-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 required by (dev-texlive/texlive-fontutils-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2016 required by (dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2016:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Working/Portage#Blocked_packages

I suppose a solution to this problem is covered here.

But now that the message "emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-ruby/rubygems-2.5.1[ruby_targets_ruby23]" is gone, I have another bunch of annoying "there are no ebuilds to satisfy xxx" messages instead:
Code:
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-libs/ncurses-5.9-r3:0/5=[abi_x86_64(-)]".
(dependency required by "sys-devel/llvm-3.9.1-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/mesa-17.0.6::gentoo[video_cards_radeonsi,llvm]" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-qt/qtwayland-5.7.1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-frameworks/kwayland-5.37.0::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.10.5-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "virtual/notification-daemon-0::gentoo[kde]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/libnotify-0.7.7::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/zenity-3.22.0::gentoo[libnotify]" [ebuild])

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "app-arch/bzip2:0/0=".
(dependency required by "dev-lang/R-3.2.2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "app-vim/vim-r-1.2.6::gentoo" [installed])

Ayo, hol' up, it seems that emerge is starting to emerge packages...
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I generally appreciate brevity, it's often better when posting errors to post the entire output, starting from the shell prompt, showing the command you ran, all the output it produced, and up to (but optionally excluding the text of) the next shell prompt. Put all that in a single code block, no paraphrasing, and no trimming (except to split overly long lines). Similarly, if you run some commands, post their output, change system state, then run more commands, please indicate where in the flow of the post the system state changed. It's not clear to me whether your section beginning "But now that the message" is from the same state as the earlier part of the post or if you changed state to resolve the other errors and now have a new issue.

For the ncurses+bzip2 issues at the bottom of your most recent post: the ncurses issue requires rebuilding packages which depend on ncurses to handle the new subslot. The bzip2 issue requires filing negative feedback with Soap for a pointless bzip2 subslot change, then either hacking the subslot or rebuilding the packages that depend on it. (This latter change has caused numerous posts over the last few weeks, all from people who were needlessly forced to rebuild a package despite no actual compatibility issues. The only ones who didn't rebuild were the ones who used one of a few hacks to convince Portage that the change is a non-issue.)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: