Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.5.3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.6 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.7
Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9-r5 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9-r7

And btw USE="grsecurity" works great for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
verchiel
n00b
n00b


Joined: 25 Nov 2012
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was just curious... so I eventually switched to hardened and right now I'm rebuilding my whole world (>1000 pkgs ^^). I've successfully built your 4.8.7 kernel with grsecurity, pax, debian, suse, fedora, mageia, zen, pardus and branding use flags. Looks great so far. I'll let you know about the exact outcome when I'm done. :)

Cheers!
Dan
_________________
always changing my running system ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i on sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.7 with USE="branding fedora genpatches grsecurity ice mageia reiser4 suse symlink -aufs -bfq -build -ck -debian -deblob -lqx -pax -pf -rt -uksm -zen -zfs"

No luck only with aufs, ck, bfq, uksm and zfs :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.7 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.8 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.10
Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9-r7 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9-r8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fragment
n00b
n00b


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Failed to compile geek-sources-3.9.1 Reply with quote

Code:
[ebuild  NS    ] sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.1:3.9.1::init6 [3.8.10:3.8.10::init6, 3.8.11:3.8.11::init6] USE="aufs bfq genpatches symlink uksm zfs -bld -branding -build -ck -debian -fedora -ice -mageia -pf -suse" 32 kB


Code:
*  CC      mm/sparse.o
*  CC      mm/sparse-vmemmap.o
*  CC      mm/mmu_notifier.o
*  CC      mm/uksm.o
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘remove_node_from_stable_tree’:
*mm/uksm.c:805:34: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry_safe" passed 5 arguments, but takes just 4
*mm/uksm.c:804:3: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry_safe’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:804:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
*mm/uksm.c:805:36: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:807:39: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:801:42: warning: unused variable ‘n’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:801:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:801:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:800:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:799:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘stable_tree_append’:
*mm/uksm.c:2530:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:2530:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:2530:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:2579:26: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry_continue" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2
*mm/uksm.c:2578:4: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry_continue’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:2579:28: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:2571:1: warning: label ‘node_vma_ok’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:2525:3: error: label ‘node_vma_new’ used but not defined
*mm/uksm.c:2518:16: warning: unused variable ‘factor’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:2516:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘page_referenced_ksm’:
*mm/uksm.c:4671:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4671:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:4671:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:4673:38: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4717:1: warning: label ‘out’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4670:1: warning: label ‘again’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4660:16: warning: unused variable ‘address’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4659:6: warning: unused variable ‘search_new_forks’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4657:15: warning: unused variable ‘mapcount’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4656:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4656:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4655:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4654:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘try_to_unmap_ksm’:
*mm/uksm.c:4738:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4738:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:4738:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:4740:38: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4777:1: warning: label ‘out’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4737:1: warning: label ‘again’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4729:16: warning: unused variable ‘address’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4728:6: warning: unused variable ‘search_new_forks’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4726:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4725:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4725:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4724:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘rmap_walk_ksm’:
*mm/uksm.c:4800:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4800:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:4800:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:4802:38: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4832:1: warning: label ‘out’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4799:1: warning: label ‘again’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4791:16: warning: unused variable ‘address’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4790:6: warning: unused variable ‘search_new_forks’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4788:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4787:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4787:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4786:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*make[1]: *** [mm/uksm.o] Error 1
*make: *** [mm] Error 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Failed to compile geek-sources-3.9.1 Reply with quote

fragment wrote:
Code:
[ebuild  NS    ] sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.1:3.9.1::init6 [3.8.10:3.8.10::init6, 3.8.11:3.8.11::init6] USE="aufs bfq genpatches symlink uksm zfs -bld -branding -build -ck -debian -fedora -ice -mageia -pf -suse" 32 kB


Code:
*  CC      mm/sparse.o
*  CC      mm/sparse-vmemmap.o
*  CC      mm/mmu_notifier.o
*  CC      mm/uksm.o
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘remove_node_from_stable_tree’:
*mm/uksm.c:805:34: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry_safe" passed 5 arguments, but takes just 4
*mm/uksm.c:804:3: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry_safe’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:804:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
*mm/uksm.c:805:36: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:807:39: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:801:42: warning: unused variable ‘n’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:801:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:801:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:800:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:799:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘stable_tree_append’:
*mm/uksm.c:2530:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:2530:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:2530:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:2579:26: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry_continue" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2
*mm/uksm.c:2578:4: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry_continue’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:2579:28: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:2571:1: warning: label ‘node_vma_ok’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:2525:3: error: label ‘node_vma_new’ used but not defined
*mm/uksm.c:2518:16: warning: unused variable ‘factor’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:2516:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘page_referenced_ksm’:
*mm/uksm.c:4671:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4671:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:4671:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:4673:38: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4717:1: warning: label ‘out’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4670:1: warning: label ‘again’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4660:16: warning: unused variable ‘address’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4659:6: warning: unused variable ‘search_new_forks’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4657:15: warning: unused variable ‘mapcount’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4656:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4656:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4655:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4654:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘try_to_unmap_ksm’:
*mm/uksm.c:4738:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4738:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:4738:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:4740:38: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4777:1: warning: label ‘out’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4737:1: warning: label ‘again’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4729:16: warning: unused variable ‘address’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4728:6: warning: unused variable ‘search_new_forks’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4726:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4725:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4725:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4724:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c: In function ‘rmap_walk_ksm’:
*mm/uksm.c:4800:66: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4800:2: error: ‘hlist_for_each_entry’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*mm/uksm.c:4800:68: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
*mm/uksm.c:4802:38: error: macro "hlist_for_each_entry" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
*mm/uksm.c:4832:1: warning: label ‘out’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4799:1: warning: label ‘again’ defined but not used [-Wunused-label]
*mm/uksm.c:4791:16: warning: unused variable ‘address’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4790:6: warning: unused variable ‘search_new_forks’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4788:20: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_item’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4787:29: warning: unused variable ‘rmap_hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4787:21: warning: unused variable ‘hlist’ [-Wunused-variable]
*mm/uksm.c:4786:19: warning: unused variable ‘node_vma’ [-Wunused-variable]
*make[1]: *** [mm/uksm.o] Error 1
*make: *** [mm] Error 2



unofficial-uksm-0.1.2.2-for-v3.9.patch To you nothing does not say the word "unofficial" ?

PS: Btw there uksm-3.9-20130501.patch is zen variant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thigobr
n00b
n00b


Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just compiled the geek-sources kernel and all went well, so I removed gentoo-sources. But I am using the binary ati-drivers for the GPU and when I try to reinstall this driver portage tries to install gentoo-sources again.

What is advised in this case? Shouldn't ati-drivers compile against any available kernel sources? Is it needed to maintain gentoo-sources and geek-sources installed?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 1545

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thigobr wrote:
What is advised in this case? Shouldn't ati-drivers compile against any available kernel sources? Is it needed to maintain gentoo-sources and geek-sources installed?

thigobr ... you either install virtual/linux-sources from the init6 overlay and so have geek-sources as providing the virtual or add gentoo-sources to package.provided.

/etc/portage/profile/package.provided
Code:
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.7.10

It shouldn't make any difference (within reason) what sources are linked to /usr/src/linux and geek-sources should provide whatever the ati-drivers need to compile.

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.12 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.8.13
Dirty fix 4420_grsecurity-2.9.1-3.8.12-201305082215.patch for 3.8.13 -> 4420_unofficial_grsecurity-2.9.1-3.8.13-20130512.patch
Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.1 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.2 (bfq 3.9.0-v6r1)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan for the next big release:

1) All ebuid`s with a version less than 3.9 will be removed!
Why? At first I did not want to support older versions.
And second, I want to make a lot of exciting changes.
Read below.

2) The following USE flags will be removed: debian(many bugs), imq(long time didn't update), pardus(long time didn't update), phc(long time didn't update), pld(many bugs), rifs(long time didn't update), rtai(long time didn't update), scst(long time didn't update), vserver(long time didn't update), xenomai(long time didn't update), zen(hard to obtain separate patches)

If you used one of these patches try to maintain it yourself and put it in user patches dir --> /etc/portage/patches/sys-kernel/geek-sources

3) The following USE flags have changed their names: genpatches --> gentoo, grsecurity --> grsec

4) The following USE flags: aufs, bfq, fedora, gentoo, grsec, ice, mageia, suse henceforth no longer keep patches in init6/sys-kernel/geek-sources/files

So all of these patches: aufs (git), bfq (http), fedora (git), gentoo (svn), grsec (git), ice (http), mageia (svn), suse (git) henceforth be set up a local mirror in ${DISTDIR}/geek/<patch name> And based on given versions (in ebuild) from local mirror will be formed themselves patches.

In init6/sys-kernel/geek-sources/files will remain only branding and fix

5) Leave your proposals :)

Any help, patches are welcome.

P.S.: All these features are ready!!! Now I am testing a them.
P.S.S.: Sorry for my English.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big update released!

Code:
# emerge geek-sources -pv
 
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
 
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.2:3.9.2::init6  USE="aufs branding fedora gentoo grsec ice mageia suse symlink -bfq -bld -build -ck -pax -pf -uksm" 0 kB
 
Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB


Example emerge geek-sources log

Code:
# cd /usr/src/linux
# patch -p1 -R < patches/suse/patches.suse/stack-unwind
# patch -p1 -R < patches/mageia/input-ALPS-add-support-for-Rushmore-touchpads.patch


Works fine for my!

And btw :

Code:
# du -hs /var/portage/layman/init6
13M   /var/portage/layman/init6
# du -hs /usr/portage/distfiles/geek
2,0G   /usr/portage/distfiles/geek
# # du -hs /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/*
1,6M   /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/aufs
20M   /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/fedora
39M   /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/gentoo
330M   /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/grsec
558M   /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/mageia
1019M   /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/suse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5610
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome ! :)


Thanks init_6 !
_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 1545

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

init_6 ...

Looks a lot more managable. I made an overlay with 3.8.13 as I have some issues with efi_stub and 3.9.x and so can't test or boot currently with it, anyhow, big + for the "big update".

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More details about "big plan":

1) About "older" kernel versions less than 3.9 - in fact, their support is still there. But we need to fix the work with git.
Now suse use current stable branch. For the "old" versions of the kernel for suse need to retrieve patches from the same branch stable but older and meet the required version of the kernel.

When replacing values ​​of variables rest on the idea should work fine… But it needs to checked.

2) I would like to leave a zen… but How to simplify getting individual patches?

3) So it would be necessary to do from the start.

4) Now aufs, bfq, fedora, gentoo, grsec, ice, mageia, suse works like 9999 ebuild`s.
Errors can occur in synchronization due to the DISTDIR variable.
Also need to add depending git, svn, sed… and what else could I miss.
Additionally i need assistance any of sed hacker. To optimize this horror:

Code:
# grep sed geek-sources.eclass
      cat kernel.spec | sed -n '/### BRANCH APPLY ###/ ,/# END OF PATCH APPLICATIONS/p' | sed 's/ApplyPatch //g' | sed 's/ApplyOptionalPatch //g' | sed 's/ pplyPatch //g' | sed -n '/Drop some necessary files from the source dir into the buildroot/ ,/done/!p' | sed -e '/^%/d' | sed 's/ -R//g' > "$CWD"/patch_list
      cat patches/series | sed 's/3rd-/#3rd-/g' > "${CWD}"/patch_list;
      cat series.conf | sed -n '/# Kernel patches configuration file/ ,/# own build environment./!p' | sed 's/+needs_update?/\#/g' | sed 's/+needs_update37/\#/g' | sed 's/+needs_updating-39/\#/g' | sed 's/+needs_update/\#/g' | sed 's/patches.kernel.org/\#patches.kernel.org/g' | sed 's/patches.rpmify/\#patches.rpmify/g' | sed 's/patches.xen/\#patches.xen/g' | sed 's/+trenn/\#/g' | sed 's/+hare/\#/g' | sed 's/+jeffm/\#/g' | sed 's/+jbeulich/\#/g' | sed 's/+update_xen/\#/g' | sed 's/+xen_needs_update/\#/g' | sed 's/[\t]//g' | sed 's/        //g' > patch_list
      xUserOrder="$(echo -n "$GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" | tr '\n' ' ' | tr -s ' ' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e 's,^\s*,,' -e 's,\s*$,,')"
      xDefOrder="$(echo -n "$DEFAULT_GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" | tr '\n' ' ' | tr -s ' ' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e 's,^\s*,,' -e 's,\s*$,,')"
            sed -i -e 's/\(^EXTRAVERSION :=.*$\)/# \1/' "Makefile"


This is the current version. Under other versions of it will likely differ slightly.

5) Write your proposal

+ 6) zfs I would like to get the same dynamic as patches from paragraph 4
So far, I do not know exactly how to implement it.

If you want to help you know where the overlay.
Thank you all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 1545

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

init_6 wrote:
Additionally i need assistance any of sed hacker. To optimize this horror:
Code:
# grep sed geek-sources.eclass
      cat kernel.spec | sed -n '/### BRANCH APPLY ###/ ,/# END OF PATCH APPLICATIONS/p' | sed 's/ApplyPatch //g' | sed 's/ApplyOptionalPatch //g' | sed 's/ pplyPatch //g' | sed -n '/Drop some necessary files from the source dir into the buildroot/ ,/done/!p' | sed -e '/^%/d' | sed 's/ -R//g' > "$CWD"/patch_list

oiiiyoiiiyoiii ... without having taken too close a look at the kernel.spec I'll imagine the following will do whats needed:

Code:
awk '/^Apply.*Patch.*\.patch/{print $2}' kernel.spec > "$CWD"/patch_list

I'm just stripping out the actual patch sets, which really seems all thats needed, no? Or is there a need to keep the comments, etc?

init_6 wrote:
Code:
cat patches/series | sed 's/3rd-/#3rd-/g' > "${CWD}"/patch_list;

similarly (but I nolonger had the mageia patches to check against)

Code:
awk '{gsub(/3rd/,"#3rd") ;print $0}' patches/series > "${CWD}"/patch_list


init_6 wrote:
Code:
cat series.conf | sed -n '/# Kernel patches configuration file/ ,/# own build environment./!p' | sed 's/+needs_update?/\#/g' | sed 's/+needs_update37/\#/g' | sed 's/+needs_updating-39/\#/g' | sed 's/+needs_update/\#/g' | sed 's/patches.kernel.org/\#patches.kernel.org/g' | sed 's/patches.rpmify/\#patches.rpmify/g' | sed 's/patches.xen/\#patches.xen/g' | sed 's/+trenn/\#/g' | sed 's/+hare/\#/g' | sed 's/+jeffm/\#/g' | sed 's/+jbeulich/\#/g' | sed 's/+update_xen/\#/g' | sed 's/+xen_needs_update/\#/g' | sed 's/[\t]//g' | sed 's/        //g' > patch_list

Again, if we just need the patches (I run this against a series.conf from some suse repo, it seemed to catch everything from the above but it could probably be improved) ...

Code:
awk '!/(#|^$)/ && !/^(\+(needs|tren|hare|xen|jbeulich|jeffm))|patches\.(kernel|rpmify|xen).*/{gsub(/[ \t]/,"") ; print $1}' series.conf > patch.list


init_6 wrote:
Code:
xUserOrder="$(echo -n "$GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" | tr '\n' ' ' | tr -s ' ' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e 's,^\s*,,' -e 's,\s*$,,')"
xDefOrder="$(echo -n "$DEFAULT_GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" | tr '\n' ' ' | tr -s ' ' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e 's,^\s*,,' -e 's,\s*$,,')"
sed -i -e 's/\(^EXTRAVERSION :=.*$\)/# \1/' "Makefile"

I'm not sure what the input is for these so I'll leave them for someone else or some other time.

Also, there is no need for cat in any of the above, and sed can accept multiple edits in the form sed -E 's/foo/bar/g; s/baz/zab/g' etc.

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you khayyam! Now much better.

khayyam wrote:
init_6 wrote:
Code:
xUserOrder="$(echo -n "$GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" | tr '\n' ' ' | tr -s ' ' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e 's,^\s*,,' -e 's,\s*$,,')"
xDefOrder="$(echo -n "$DEFAULT_GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" | tr '\n' ' ' | tr -s ' ' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort | tr '\n' ' ' | sed -e 's,^\s*,,' -e 's,\s*$,,')"
sed -i -e 's/\(^EXTRAVERSION :=.*$\)/# \1/' "Makefile"

I'm not sure what the input is for these so I'll leave them for someone else or some other time.

Also, there is no need for cat in any of the above, and sed can accept multiple edits in the form sed -E 's/foo/bar/g; s/baz/zab/g' etc.

best ... khay


this need to allow line break in variable GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from user file /etc/portage/kernel.conf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 1545

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

init_6 ... actually I need to correct the following as I didn't include "+update_xen" and "+xen_needs_update" in the exclusion, should be:

Code:
awk '!/(#|^$)/ && !/^(\+(needs|tren|hare|xen|jbeulich|jeffm|.*xen.*))|patches\.(kernel|rpmify|xen).*/{gsub(/[ \t]/,"") ; print $1}' series.conf > patch.list


init_6 wrote:
[....]
this need to allow line break in variable GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from user file /etc/portage/kernel.conf

ok, could you provide an example (via pastebin) as I don't have one.

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yamakuzure
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1238
Location: Bardowick, Germany

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
init_6 wrote:
[....]
this need to allow line break in variable GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from user file /etc/portage/kernel.conf

ok, could you provide an example (via pastebin) as I don't have one.

best ... khay
Code:
 $ cat /etc/portage/kernel.conf                                                                                                                                                                                               
GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="
  zen aufs ck rifs uksm ice rt rtai
  debian mageia lqx pardus pld fedora suse xenomai
  imq bfq bld branding grsecurity
  genpatches reiser4 vserver zfs fix pax pf phc scst upatch"
Just like USE flags can be set.
_________________
I *do* know that I easily aggravate people due to my condensed writing. Rule of thumb: If I wrote anything that can be understood in two different ways, and one way offends you, then I meant the other! ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
init_6 ... actually I need to correct the following as I didn't include "+update_xen" and "+xen_needs_update" in the exclusion, should be:

Code:
awk '!/(#|^$)/ && !/^(\+(needs|tren|hare|xen|jbeulich|jeffm|.*xen.*))|patches\.(kernel|rpmify|xen).*/{gsub(/[ \t]/,"") ; print $1}' series.conf > patch.list



Code:
ls -1 /usr/portage/distfiles/geek/suse/ | grep patches
patches.apparmor
patches.arch
patches.drivers
patches.fixes
patches.kernel.org # <-- do not need. will be skipped if we leave it. so…
patches.rpmify # <-- fixes for build with rpm. we do not need it.
patches.suse
patches.xen # <-- is often cause an error


So patches.kernel.org and patches.rpmify from suse simply delete.

I noticed if all the patches from patches.xen applied without error - kernel build fine. And it is probably more correct in this case it would be fix function ApplyPatch or even make a new function… At present, the function ApplyPatch does not monitor whether all patches from the list of applied without errors.

Need a function that would be tested for a list of patches to correctness of apply all files from the list and a possible error rolls back any changes made to the list of patches. (yep patch -p1 -R < but for all current list)

And for patches.xen it would be just perfect!

khayyam wrote:
init_6 wrote:
[....]
this need to allow line break in variable GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from user file /etc/portage/kernel.conf

ok, could you provide an example (via pastebin) as I don't have one.

best ... khay


There is example + Error + geek-sources-eclass-allow-linebreak-in-patch-order.patch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great get rid of of those variables:

Code:
grep user geek-sources-3.9.2.ebuild
#user_aufs_ver="$KMV"
user_bfq_ver="3.9.0-v6r1"
user_bld_ver="${KMV}-rc4"
user_ck_ver="${KMV}-ck1"
#user_fedora_ver="f19"
#user_gentoo_ver="$KMV"
user_grsec_ver="3.9.2"
#user_ice_ver="$KMV"
user_mageia_ver="3.8.13/1.mga3"
user_pf_ver="${PV}-pf"
user_pax_ver="${PV}-test5"
#user_suse_ver="stable"
user_uksm_ver="0.1.2.2"
user_uksm_name="uksm-${uksm_ver}-for-v${KMV}.ge.1"


Thanks to the linux-geek.eclass we have:

Code:
# the kernel version (e.g 3 for 3.4.2)
VERSION="${1}"
# the kernel patchlevel (e.g 4 for 3.4.2)
PATCHLEVEL="${2}"
# the kernel sublevel (e.g 2 for 3.4.2)
SUBLEVEL="${3}"
# the kernel major version (e.g 3.4 for 3.4.2)
KMV="${1}.${2}"


+ function url_ls from patch_maker.sh and get_from_url, git_get_all_branches get_or_bump, make_patch from patch_maker.sh now in geek-sources.eclass

What is needed is the logic of choosing the most relevant version of the patch for the current version of the kernel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yamakuzure
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1238
Location: Bardowick, Germany

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
khayyam wrote:
init_6 wrote:
[....]
this need to allow line break in variable GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from user file /etc/portage/kernel.conf

ok, could you provide an example (via pastebin) as I don't have one.

best ... khay
Code:
 $ cat /etc/portage/kernel.conf                                                                                                                                                                                               
GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="
  zen aufs ck rifs uksm ice rt rtai
  debian mageia lqx pardus pld fedora suse xenomai
  imq bfq bld branding grsecurity
  genpatches reiser4 vserver zfs fix pax pf phc scst upatch"
Just like USE flags can be set.
Did you change anything? I wanted to re-build 3.9.2 and got this:
Code:
 * Use GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="
 *   zen aufs ck rifs uksm ice rt rtai
 *   debian mageia lqx pardus pld fedora suse xenomai
 *   imq bfq bld branding grsecurity
 *   genpatches reiser4 vserver zfs fix pax pf phc scst upatch" from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * Not all USE flag present in GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * The following flags are missing: scst pld zen vserver genpatches gentoo grsecurity imq grsec pardus phc rifs rtai xenomai debian
 * Probably that's the plan. In that case, never mind.
All of the mentioned flags but "gentoo" are in GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER.
_________________
I *do* know that I easily aggravate people due to my condensed writing. Rule of thumb: If I wrote anything that can be understood in two different ways, and one way offends you, then I meant the other! ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yamakuzure
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1238
Location: Bardowick, Germany

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets weirder. I have changed the file to be a one-liner so the line breaks can't be the culprit:
Code:
 * Use GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="zen aufs ck rifs uksm ice rt rtai debian mageia lqx pardus pld fedora suse xenomai imq bfq bld branding grsecurity gentoo genpatches reiser4 vserver zfs fix pax pf phc scst upatch" from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * Not all USE flag present in GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * The following flags are missing: scst pld zen vserver genpatches grsecurity imq grsec pardus phc rifs rtai xenomai debian
 * Probably that's the plan. In that case, never mind.
Could it be that the two strings (user versus default) do not get sorted any more?
_________________
I *do* know that I easily aggravate people due to my condensed writing. Rule of thumb: If I wrote anything that can be understood in two different ways, and one way offends you, then I meant the other! ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
init_6
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
Did you change anything? I wanted to re-build 3.9.2 and got this:
Code:
 * Use GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="
 *   zen aufs ck rifs uksm ice rt rtai
 *   debian mageia lqx pardus pld fedora suse xenomai
 *   imq bfq bld branding grsecurity
 *   genpatches reiser4 vserver zfs fix pax pf phc scst upatch" from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * Not all USE flag present in GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * The following flags are missing: scst pld zen vserver genpatches gentoo grsecurity imq grsec pardus phc rifs rtai xenomai debian
 * Probably that's the plan. In that case, never mind.
All of the mentioned flags but "gentoo" are in GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER.


The plan for the next big release: 2) The following USE flags will be removed:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

i am new to this kernel sources, so first a friendly Hello :-)

Second i have got a question, i can't figure out which patchsets are compatible with pax and/or grsec.
I want to use Pax but also i want aufs3, bfq, fbcondecor and suse patches would be nice.

I hope someone can help me with that because i try since last weekend without success (Even tried manual Patching but that screwed up the sources.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum