View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hara
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recompiling linux-headers, glibc and than hal fixed the not starting problem for me.

(Mandrake->Slackware->LFS(Never Finished)->Gentoo)
STEDevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnN wrote:

Quote:
A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

I had the same crap happening when trying to mount CD/DVD/memorycards for anything that wasnt specifically stated in /etc/fstab
Downgrading from HAL 0.5.9-r1 to 0.5.7.1-r5 and "/etc/init.d/hald restart" fixed things for me.
OkeyMor57
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: hal-0.5.9.1-r1 needs parted-1.8.7 Reply with quote

I have no problem with hal-0.5.9-r1, the only problem is that parted-1.8.8 is out but does not work for hal-0.5.9.1-r1.
I can install hal after upgrading parted but auto-mount of my usb devices stops. if I downgrade parted to 1.8.7 everything works fine.
MiPo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: even hal-0.5.9-r2 not working ;-( Reply with quote

Sorry folks, but even with the new hal-0.5.9-r2 my system is going down, reporting those "Unhandled rule (0)!" endless. The last report about parted could'nt be in my case, cause I've nothing with *parted installed. The only thing I can get rid of the bug is going back to 0.5.7.1-r5 - which we hopefully have in portage for a long time...

I stepped forward to the actual hal ... things went wrong and I stepped back to the old hal and everything is ok, without changing any configuration file!!! So I'm sure there must be some changes in the sources...

Anybody a clue? - Thanks for your help.
cjubon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiPo wrote:
Sorry folks, but even with the new hal-0.5.9-r2 my system is going down, reporting those "Unhandled rule (0)!" endless.

I guess you've libgphoto2 installed with the CAMERAS variable defined in /etc/make.conf.
Try uninstalling it (if you don't need it) or reinstall it with allcameras enabled (i.e. comment out the line with the CAMERAS variable in /etc/make.conf).
libgphoto2 is known to produce fdi files that make hald do strange things, see https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=125938 from comment 50 onwards.
melloferraz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, thanks , thanks cjubon.
Panard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c3l5o wrote:
I have a problem with hald... The damn thing keeps looking for DVD's on my DVD-ROM Drive even when it's empty... When I used gnome-light it wasn't a problem as I only had a 3 second system freeze before this, but now with gnome it tries to launch totem... It's a pain in the ass...

I got the same problem as c3l5o... any idea to solve this issue?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: