Restore a mediawiki database. [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gustafson
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Restore a mediawiki database. [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi, I need some help recovering a wiki page. I wanted to install a second wiki, so I copied the /var/ww/localhost/htdocs/mediawiki to a different location (as a backup) and the went back to the index.php page which I used to create it. I was able to create a second page using a second mysql database file.

The second page worked, but then the first page did not, an error.

So I manually deleted the files that were created in my /var/ww/localhost/htdocs/ and copied the original /var/ww/localhost/htdocs/mediawiki back to its original location. Problems solved, I figured, since I never touched the msql databases themselves. No dice, the following error.

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mediawiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 409

Any ideas on how to recover this, or even if it can be recovered? Thanks,

Last edited by gustafson on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
snookie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/groups/X/XX/XXXXXX/htdocs/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 409

Don't know who submitted this problem, but I saw exactly this error message when moving a wiki from one server to another - problem was the MySQL account the wiki used hadn't been given rights to log in.

Try verifying the MySQL connection (e.g. try to log into MySQL with the username and password in LocalSettings.php) if you see this error. Jmi 13:05, 3 May 2006 (UTC)

Check the database server hostname/IP, port, database name, username, and table prefix. Check that the server is online and accepting connections. Check that the GRANTs on the database are correct. -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com) i got this at http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2005-July/030656.html 65.96.127.125

Received from:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Sourceforge.net
gustafson
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the tip. I solved this problem a long time ago (note the original post date was more than a year ago) over the course of many hours. Since I took a circuitous route to get there, I didn't know how to describe the detailed steps even after I had completed them, so I delayed posting my solution. It appears the delay extended to infinity.

Bottom line is it was a rights problem as you described.

Like I said, I can't tell you how I fixed it. However, I'll add solved to the subject line.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: