Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
konqueror + nspluginwrapper + flash + clicking = no.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poly_poly-man
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: konqueror + nspluginwrapper + flash + clicking = no. Reply with quote

I'm using nspluginwrapper with adobe's flash 9 for flash.

In firefox, it works perfectly (albeit a bit heavy on the resources), but I'm not using firefox.

In konqueror, flash works fine, but in most (if not all) cases, clicking on anything in the flash applet will not do anything. Example: finish up a youtube video, and it shows related videos. If I try to click on one, it doesn't respond, and keeps on flipping. If I click on one of the links in "related videos", it'll go to the page and repeat the cycle.

What's going on?

poly-p mn

avatar: new version of logo - see topic 838248. Potentially still a WiP.
BradN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems after both updating flash to the latest version or updating KDE to 3.5.8, so right now I'm sticking with 9.0.48.0-r1 and 3.5.7 respectively.

For me the problem was flash crashing or using 100% processor, and on top of that, konqueror wouldn't respect my "load plugins on demand only" option anymore (I can't stand flash ads), which seemed really strange.
jniklast
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, other than clicking flash is doing fine (at least for flash being flash and crappy closed source software).

I think I remember I had a similar problem with a former flash version but i think I could resolve that by simply remerging nsplugins and netscape-flash in a special order (I'm not sure what it was though). But this time i tried everything and every possible way but no luck.

So does anybody have an idea? or to start, is anyone able to click on links (an they open) on a 64-bit konqueror with .115 flash?

Thanks in advance
OmSai
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jniklast wrote:
So does anybody have an idea? or to start, is anyone able to click on links (an they open) on a 64-bit konqueror with .115 flash?

Yup, they wfm on amd64.

I followed Mike Arthur's HOWTO
Make sure to add =media-video/kmplayer-0.10.0c ~amd64 to your /etc/portage/package.keywords since that's the version which has the required knpplayer file
jniklast
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer, that looks very promising, but for me it doesn't work yet, obviously i need a 32-bit version of knpplayer. The one from Mandriva is missing some dynamic libraries, so which one do you use?
OmSai
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jniklast wrote:
...obviously i need a 32-bit version of knpplayer. The one from Mandriva is missing some dynamic libraries, so which one do you use?

Oh I forgot, use Debian's pre-compiled knpplayer instead, which Matt W. comments on 17-Jan-2008

Though I don't remember what the command is to extract knpplayer from a .deb file
I just use xarchiver
To make life easy, I've omploaded it for y'all.

I agree that it's better to place the file at /usr/local/bin/knpplayer so that it doesn't conflict with the knpplayer from portage.
Make sure /usr/local/bin is in your $PATH
jniklast
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, though the debian binary couldn't find the same libraries (nspr 32-bit) i just symlinked the ones provided by openoffice-bin (i know that'S dirty...) and now it works like a charm!
a.forlorn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there some useflag needed? I got it running so far - but no picture. :(
OmSai
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a.forlorn wrote:
Are there some useflag needed? I got it running so far - but no picture. :(
Perhaps that problem is related to net-www/nspluginwrapper?
See Flash problem: No video

emerge -pv kmplayer media-video/mplayer net-www/mplayerplug-in konqueror netscape-flash nspluginwrapper:
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc2_p25993  USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 aac alsa directfb dts dvd encode gif gtk iconv ipv6 jpeg live mad mmx mp3 opengl oss png quicktime real samba sdl sse sse2 theora truetype unicode vorbis xanim xscreensaver xv xvid -aalib (-altivec) -amrnb -amrwb -arts -bidi -bindist -bl -cddb -cdio -cdparanoia -cpudetection -custom-cflags -debug -dga -doc -dv -dvb -enca -esd -fbcon -ftp -ggi -jack -joystick -ladspa -libcaca -lirc -livecd -lzo -md5sum -mmxext -mp2 -musepack -nas -nemesi -openal -pnm -pulseaudio -radio -rar -rtc -speex -srt -ssse3 (-svga) -teletext -tga -tivo -v4l -v4l2 (-vidix) (-win32codecs) -x264 -xinerama -xvmc -zoran" VIDEO_CARDS="-mga -s3virge -tdfx -vesa" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/konqueror-3.5.8  USE="-arts -branding -debug -java -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -xinerama" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] net-www/netscape-flash-9.0.115.0  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] net-www/nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5-r1  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/kmplayer-0.10.0c  USE="mplayer npp -arts -cairo -debug -gstreamer -xine -xinerama" LINGUAS="hi -ar -be -br -bs -ca -cs -csb -cy -da -de -el -en_GB -es -et -fi -fr -ga -gl -he -hu -is -it -ja -ka -lt -mt -nb -nl -nn -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -rw -sk -sr -sr@Latn -sv -ta -tr -uk -zh_CN" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] net-www/mplayerplug-in-3.50  USE="divx firefox gmedia gtk nls quicktime realmedia wmp -mplayer-bin -seamonkey" LINGUAS="-cs -da -de -en_US -es -fr -hu -it -ja -ko -nb -nl -pl -pt_BR -ru -se -sk -tr -wa -zh_CN" 0 kB

mikemcquaid
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey at people using my HOWTO!
Smegma
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya people,

Thank to this thread I finally managed to get my konqueror (amd64) working, thank you very much people!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: