Livecd-ng initrd problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noff
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Livecd-ng initrd problem Reply with quote

I am trying to use livecd-ng to make a livecd with my ide controller in the kernel, so I followed what directions I could find. I am not trying to do initrd and I get
Code:
livecd-ng gentoo-basic initrd
Using current working directory as LIVECD_ROOT.
cp: cannot stat `./archives/gcloop_0.66-1.tar.gz': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `./archives/busybox-0.60.5.tar.bz2': No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/livecd-ng: aborting.

I can fetch busybox, but emerge gcloop yields nothing. gcloop didn't seem to be downloaded and google yelds nothing significant. I was hoping someone would know how to solve this and help me out.

Also the documentation for livecd-ng is sparse and if anyone has anymore info on it it would be appreciated. If I learn enough I might take a crack at a how-to for it.
What Larry was saying is that if you make it too easy for programmers, then poor programmers will be able to do things best left to good programmers, and will inevitably do them poorly. Everyone will suffer in the long term as a result." - Tom Chance
TheQuickBrownFox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: livecd-ng brokenness Reply with quote

I'm also having trouble with gcloop. I think it's mislabelled, because the script that mounts livecd.cloop in initrd refers to cloop, not gcloop.

I found cloop at http://cvs.lnx-bbc.org/cvs/gar/kernel/cloop/ and http://www.knopper.net/download/knoppix/ but couldn't get it to work with gentoo-sources-2.4.19-r10

There is another problem though: After compiling the cloop module, while doing '/usr/sbin/livecd-ng gentoo-basic initrd', I get the following:
Code:

>>> Executing tar xjf busybox-0.60.5.tar.bz2...
>>> Executing make clean...
>>> Executing make DOSTATIC=true...
3000+0 records in
3000+0 records out
mke2fs 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/gentoo-basic/tmp/cloop-0.66/cloop_ucl.o': No such file or directory
chroot_generate: error: can't find ucl cloop module

Donut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the Knoppix cloop version. I've got the LiveCD generation working - this thread includes the fix for the cloop_ucl issue....

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=57754

Paul
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: