Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilla
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc. Reply with quote

This will allow an easy method of contacting all moderators at one time.
  • Users:
    • If you spot what you believe to be a duplicate post, please post a link to it here. In addition, include a link to what is being duplicated.
    • If you find a post you think belongs in a different forum, let us know.
    • Avoid multiple reports of spam:
      • If a user's posts are all spam, report the user, not the posts.
      • Review this thread after submitting a report. Please delete your report if someone beat you to the punch.
    • Any other post that you think requires moderation (violations of Guidelines, broken BBcode, etc.).

• Moderators:
    • Please delete posts after you've addressed them.
Thanks in advance.

(original post from pjp)

2009-06-03: Added spam reporting tips. --timeBandit
khayyam
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: ulenrich
Topic: ffmpeg/libav default in Gentoo
Reason: this just seems like a deliberate attempt to derail the thread. Besides the "white white racist sentiment" (brought in from some other thread for no particular reason ... other than to say "I never expected") the post has all the markings of ulenrich's recent (and admitted) trolling.
Fitzcarraldo
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexflex wrote:
Topic: How to rotate the LCD screen/framebuffer to 180 degree ?
Reason: Double post, also (likely?) not even Gentoo, unsupported.

He must be desperate; he made the same post on four other sites apart from this one:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=5330756

http://askubuntu.com/questions/595805/how-to-rotate-the-lcd-screen-framebuffer-to-180-degree-in-console

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/189666/how-to-rotate-the-lcd-screen-framebuffer-to-180-degree

http://nerdanswer.com/answer.php?q=894675
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: tclover
Topic: E19 Enlightenment-0.19.0
Reason: Rather rude post.
Section_8
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: paolo22
Topic: sdlmame 0.148 - How old is this?
Reason: I think this post maybe profile spam or something. Why would a new user sign up to the forums just to post "don't know" as a first post?

Probably because they were just doing it for the profile spam value, though it certainly leaves open the question of why they failed to post everywhere that posed questions that they did not have answers for. (Also, thanks.) -- desultory
Jaglover
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: jbvideo
Topic: A little help please
Reason: Not about installing Gentoo.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tclover wrote:
User: Ant P.
Topic: kdbus in the kernel
Reason: Lock this for legal matters.

tclover wrote:
User: Ant P.
Topic: HOWTO: A modern init system in 3 minutes
Reason: Lock at least this comment for the previous report for legal matter. Thanks.

Anon-E-moose wrote:
Rather than lock the kdbus thread, remove the posts by those who are polluting the thread with e-penis waving.

I don't really care about the juvenile behavior but it doesn't really have anything to do with the thread.

steveL wrote:
Anon-E-moose wrote:
I don't really care about the juvenile behavior but it doesn't really have anything to do with the thread.

Concur, 100%.

Ant P. wrote:
steveL wrote:
Anon-E-moose wrote:

Concur, 100%.

I feel dirty for responding to thread derailment at all and I want to third this.

But could you leave those posts visible for 4-5 days? I'm sticking to my word and giving him a fair amount of time to resolve this peacefully, but it's hard to do that if all those references I spent an hour curating for a GH issue mysteriously start vanishing.

steveL wrote:
Ant P. wrote:
But could you leave those posts visible for 4-5 days? I'm sticking to my word and giving him a fair amount of time to resolve this peacefully, but it's hard to do that if all those references I spent an hour curating for a GH issue mysteriously start vanishing.

Posts don't ever really get deleted (they just turn up in the dustbin, iirc.) In any event, I think what's needed is for tclover's digressions on his specific svc wrappers, in both of the topics mentioned, to be split out into their own thread about his wrappers.

ATM there's quite specific (and quite off-topic, imo) info in the two threads, and s/he clearly wants to discuss it further, and provide updates.

So let's just move to that without the hassle.

Ant P. wrote:
steveL wrote:
In any event, I think what's needed is for tclover's digressions on his specific svc wrappers, in both of the topics mentioned, to be split out into their own thread about his wrappers.

That'd be the best option, I've wanted to give mine some updates but haven't been able to get a word in edgeways for months.

In the meantime, I'll make myself scarce for a few days - looks like I've got a strongly worded letter to Github to write.

(Addendum: I note that I'm not the first target of this user's ranting and abuse.)

I'll see if I can decipher this later tonight.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Ant P.
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr:
  • I got a bit snippy in one thread in response to seeing this one gh repo being aggressively spammed across several sites, from someone who'd already hijacked one of my threads for advertising it (one of those ones being reported above)
  • Later found out he'd been directly leeching some of my code (which I couldn't care less about, really) and passing it off as his own and changing the license (oh hell no you don't); told him to stop doing that and remove all of it from the repo history. Three times, no less.
  • After being outright snubbed I give him a deadline to stop being an asshole, or else I'll go file a DMCA with Github.
  • He retaliates by flooding my thread with nonsensical all-caps gibberish, then comes here trying to get it deleted in a clearly malicious attempt to destroy all the evidence he can.

(The consensus seems to be: people want to split all his posts and the replies off into some other thread, the rest of this stuff will go away on its own. Or so I hope.)
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that helps. A bit. I went back to his first post in the thread and have made it through page 5, but I didn't see anything that seemed like it ought to be split out. That is to say the discussion seemed "within the bounds" of the discussion others were having as well. I'll continue reading from page 6 tomorrow :)

Side note: I was really annoyed with the forced requirement for initramfs. I just didn't realize it wasn't actually necessary :evil:

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: