many many boot straps later.. HELP!!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BON
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: many many boot straps later.. HELP!! Reply with quote

Whole thing started with a yaboot config and boot problem... Well at this point I have another problem....I decided to just flush the whole thing and start over.. well so far I have started over and over and over some more.. and with 7 hours each boot strap....I am starting to get a little bit miffed to say the least.... the ole penguin pee is starting to smell bad..... at this point on three different boot straps.. I have come up with an error... first time thinking that a connection problem in the middle of the boot strap caused it.. I restarted.. then the second time restarting becuase of battery died and I (moron) forgot to put the power cord back on the machine after bringing it home from the office after a 7 to 8 our bootstrap.... crash again.. so.. then.. .I do so again.. and thinking for some reason I must have done something wrong I did it again!..... well.... now that I keep getting the same error on not finding jar... which I can find in /opt/ibmjdk something.. anyways.. it was there... but I still get a error when emerging system... after tbe boot strap.. After talking to my tech that works for me.. that thinks he is gods gift to gentoo...(or anything else for that matter) the "I dont know" answer came out.. and "perhaps you didnt do the bootstrap right" " do it again" NOT! ... its a good think I pay him 25bux an hour to let me in on these insights... hehehehe... smart but not smart enuff to help me fix this.. :cry: so... this is where I am at this point.. any insight please help.... thanks

bon
demon44
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem with phyton it got mysteriosly deleted are you shure that 1) the url that u used to download the dependencies for that file worked. 2)the md5 checsum for that file is correct 3) i allwas use the -f comand priorior to bootstrap so that if any errors come up due to dependencies the show up in less then 10minutes. 4) Did you configure your make file correctly any errors in there (past experience) cause the compile of certain files to fail.
BON
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

well in the boot strap ... I never showed any errors after a full boot strap ... only on the emerge of the system.. and happens in the same spot ever time..... also tried the emerge -f etc etc.... but same error evertytime.. seems immpossible.. since I redid the bootstrap.. everything should be there....

bon :roll:
BON
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: exact error onmy ppc isntall of a powerbook2 special ed... Reply with quote

Special edition supposedly from paris... chrcoal and translucent white... with 466 750cx process and 578 meg or ram... and 10 gig hardrive... with wireless card inside...... now... I really like this system... but i am really starting to get peived...... ticked..... agrivated...etc.... I am about to the point of snaping the pretty translucent casing of this worm infested apple in half and half again... althought this is the longest lasting laptop i have ever had.. if i cant use the stinking thing..well.. any ways.. here is my error

Beginning --------

emerge 1 of 47 sys-libs/db-4.1.25_p1-r3 to /
blah blah....

<<<<<<error at end of checking....>>>>>>

checking if gcj -C works... yes
checking for jar... no
configure: error: no acceptable jar program found in $PATH

!!! Error:sys-libs/db-4.1.25_p1-r3 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 95, Exitcode 1
!!! (no error message)

Thanks in advance for anything that might help... I have been working on this machine trying to get gentoo installed for 2 weeks now.. wich is ok.. cause I learn well under problems...lol... other than that.... I have install many flavs of linux and few versions of gentoo.... but this just has me.. been a long time... so back to the newb corner for me...

bon
BON
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: bahahahah !!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

WELL !!!! Ill be a ant stuck in penguin pee on a hot day in Ga drowning all the while the penguin pagons are dancing to there wanta be gods..... saying hale to the great penguin pee almighty.... yeee hawwww.... he done it....

Thanks for the suggestions demon... took a look at my use flags.. and took out java... why that would cuase the problem I dont know... but I will worry about that later.... wow.... now thats what gentoo is all about... STRESSING OVER A LITTLE PENGUIN PEE!!!! or coffee bean.... heheeheh :lol: :lol:
demon44
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text. Reply with quote

Well look on the bright side you solved the problem and without java you can bootstrap in 3 hours or less!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: