Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
bsod on win2k client logon to samba (gentoo-related?)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pubecon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: bsod on win2k client logon to samba (gentoo-related?) Reply with quote

having configured samba as a primary domain controller, I try to join the machines to the domain.

SUCCESS!

as requested, I reboot (sigh) and on the next boot I log in, it crunches for a few seconds then appears to be just about to show me the desktop before...wham!

BSOD!

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly."

anybody got a clue?
Sir_Chancealot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Try a local logon... Reply with quote

and let me know what happens. Could be that joining the domain hosed some files. I've seen it happen occassionally.
pubecon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a reference to a similar error on the microsoft knowledgebase that was claimed fixed by service pack 4, which I promptly downloaded as the workstation I was on was running SP3.

installed, but not change. still sodding bsodding

there's not that many pcs in the network so I've added them to a workgroup instead. not ideal, but it'll do for the moment (there's no way I'm going back to win2k without a fight!)

the beauty of samba is it's just a matter of switching that smb.conf back in and I can have another go but I'm going to wait until it's a bit quieter (holidays perhaps). will update WHEN [ :D ] I'm successful.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: