Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Anyone else fed up with Kihaji?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voltago
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: gentoo user == nOOb Reply with quote

GENTOO_GOD wrote:
I have an opinion here: all Gentoo people are nOOb's.

Ah. How novel. A troll. And he created an account for the very purpose of trolling.
Go away, troll.
abzs2k
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: gentoo user == nOOb Reply with quote

DAMN!!! This place is really turning into a warzone. Everyone is attacking each other. No kihaji issues are being resolved. Infact it seem kihaji is being the mature one out of all of us by not getting involved. Well allow me to join in.

GENTOO_GOD wrote:

I love how these forums give people higher ratings based on postings. Just because you post 500 times doesn't make you a "guru". This becomes obvious when you all compile your desktop from source, but don't even understand the basic concepts such as:
1) bootstraping
2) optimization (no, not what you are thinking, because you are stupid)
3) toolchain stability
4) contributions to open source in general
many more, but why list them

Check out this thread: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=123860&highlight=icc

It is a coincidence that Kihaji replied to that thread, which is not my point. Look at the first thread and tell me what is wrong with what that guy is doing. If you can't tell immediately, then you are not smart, and I question your use of Gentoo.

Within the Linux realm, Gentoo is at the bottom, with a reputation of fools who think the kernel is broken when you can't get it to boot a hacked up version of the kernel sources.

IMHO, Gentoo does a disservice to the community, and you should be ashamed and embarrassed in this small community that fails with projects such as this.[/url]

Erm... You do realize what you are saying don't you. I am a n00b - that's absolutely true. However I have built LFS4 & LFS5 before I moved to gentoo. I understand bootstraping, I can honestly say that I don't know what toolchain stability is and what then do you mean when you say optimization. The way you speak puts forward the impression that you were born a linux guru. For the rest of us there is a thing called learning. Even Sir. Issac Newton & Albert Einstein had to learn their way through life. But obviously you are so much better than us because you were born a linux guru.

Well I too could resolve to arguing pointlessly and namecalling but that would be degrading myself down to your level. So instead I leave you with the following quote:
Quote:
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
Plato (429-347 BC)
blueworm
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all need to take OTW with a large pinch of salt.
jetblack
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueworm wrote:
I think we all need to take OTW with a large pinch of salt.

followed by a large shot of tequila ;)
oldsk00l
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abzs2k:

That Gentoo_God guy is just a dick, he needs to be bitchslapped. Just a troll, nothing more.

ebrostig REALLY needs to be bitchslapped for starting this thread.
denstark
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lime?
rokstar> sure they do, you tried their coffee?
NiklasH
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldsk00l wrote:
abzs2k:

That Gentoo_God guy is just a dick, he needs to be bitchslapped. Just a troll, nothing more.

How about a bitch-slapping thread? That's what this forum is lacking these days.
'Today I would like to bitchslap...'
oldsk00l
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NiklasH wrote:
oldsk00l wrote:
abzs2k:

How about a bitch-slapping thread? That's what this forum is lacking these days.

Because whoever starts that thread is a loser with no real appropriate way to vent his frustration other than acting like a spoiled immature jerk. ebrostig seems to have a history of acting like a little brat when things don't go his way. imho, that's far worst than kihaji acting like a fascist. He's entitled, he might not think anyone else is, but he still is and it's WRONG to purport that be taken away.
jetblack
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denstark wrote:
No lime?

Oh yes. Of course some lime.
denstark
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetblack wrote:
denstark wrote:
No lime?

Phew, i was getting worried there :wink:
NiklasH
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldsk00l wrote:
NiklasH wrote:
oldsk00l wrote:
abzs2k:

Because whoever starts that thread is a loser with no real appropriate way to vent his frustration other than acting like a spoiled immature jerk. ebrostig seems to have a history of acting like a little brat when things don't go his way. imho, that's far worst than kihaji acting like a fascist. He's entitled, he might not think anyone else is, but he still is and it's WRONG to purport that be taken away.

Well, I wasn't being entirely serious... I should have surrounded my post with <sarcasm> tags.

I'm also starting to tire of people getting so ANGRY all the time. I was so impressed by some thread maybe a year ago where the Israel/Palestine issue was discussed, and I think it went on for five or six pages without a single flame!
Don't take it so personally if someone is being trollish. If he's got valid points, try to answer, and if he's just being a dick, dont.

I agree with most things that Erik has posted, and almost nothing that Kihaji has posted, but I don't think he's that horrible. He seems to have a bad temper, but he comes up with some interesting points sometimes.
so_impossible
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, while I myself am posting on this thread, I feel that really, the mods should be informed of trolling. I realise how angry trolls can make me feel, however I wish someone would inform the mods about Kihaji's behaviour in a way which will actually get something done about it.

Lews_Therin wrote:

Kihaji has a unique way of making valid points that ticks everybody off, nothing more.

This simply is not true. While I have only recently got an account on these forums, I have been visiting them for quite some time. And I have noticed that Kihaji quite clearly trolls a lot of threads, which start out as valid posts. Many of his points are not valid, and seem to exist for the very purpose of just annoying people.

We should get a SLASHDOT like rating system, so that mods can mark posts for what they are, so for Kihaji i'd imagine: "flamebait", "redundant", "troll"

I realise that I am nitpicking, but his posts sound like that of a blind windows follower, who does not want to have discussions in the "real world".

He often resorts to name calling. The clear behaviour of someone who cannot argue something without making up 'facts', and getting worked up about it.

Kihaji wrote:

Opensource does not work in the business world, it lacks flexibility, speed, and controlability, all of which are needed to be competitive in the world economy.

Kihaji wrote:

Linux distros force WAY more down peoples throat than MS, Linux distros just force more crap that tastes the same.

In respect to Open Source software......
Kihaji wrote:

Therefore you have no choice, only the illusion.
christsong84
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: gentoo user == nOOb Reply with quote

Voltago wrote:
GENTOO_GOD wrote:

Ah. How novel. A troll. And he created an account for the very purpose of trolling.
Go away, troll.

*wonders if it a coincidence that in RPG's and other nerdy games that I like to play...that trolls are vulnerable to fire...flame=fire...troll...wierd* ((a poor attempt at a way to try and get someone to smile))
riis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't personally been insulted by Kihaji, and I haven't seen any of his posts that were so harsh that he deserves banning. I disagree with him on a lot of things, hell I think everyone in OTW does. But he has a right to present his arguments, and as of yet I haven't seen him post a single thread that contained only insults. (so if you have examples please present them (although it would make this thread even more pointless)).

So get some healthy interests people and worry about the decaying ozone layer or the over population of earth, something that's a real problem at least....

/me admits to being retarded for even posting in this thread
oldsk00l
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riis wrote:
I haven't personally been insulted by Kihaji, and I haven't seen any of his posts that were so harsh that he deserves banning. I disagree with him on a lot of things, hell I think everyone in OTW does. But he has a right to present his arguments, and as of yet I haven't seen him post a single thread that contained only insults. (so if you have examples please present them (although it would make this thread even more pointless)).

So get some healthy interests people and worry about the decaying ozone layer or the over population of earth, something that's a real problem at least....

/me admits to being retarded for even posting in this thread

I would normally describe him as a self aggrandizing fuck, but that would violate forum guidelines. So I won't, however, I'd settle for simply calling him that rather than banning him or saying he can't voice his opinions.
abzs2k
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: gentoo user == nOOb Reply with quote

christsong84 wrote:

*wonders if it a coincidence that in RPG's and other nerdy games that I like to play...that trolls are vulnerable to fire...flame=fire...troll...wierd* ((a poor attempt at a way to try and get someone to smile))

8O
You are right. That is very poor indeed. But I give you credit for trying
*smiles half-heartedly then throws up*
warpasaurusREX
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: gentoo user == nOOb Reply with quote

christsong84 wrote:
Voltago wrote:
GENTOO_GOD wrote:

Go away, troll.

BOO!! HISS!!!

~actually, I chuckled.. damn you christsong84.. being all light hearted and such...

Please add [solved] to the subject line if your problem is solved.

www.warpasaurusrex.com
Crg
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetblack wrote:
denstark wrote:
No lime?

It's also nice with cinnamon and a slice of orange.
denstark
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crg wrote:
jetblack wrote:
denstark wrote:
No lime?

It's also nice with cinnamon and a slice of orange.

Never tried that.. i must next time i go out :P
Evangelion
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that Kihajis plan is to be as annoying as possible, untill he is eventually banned. Then he can go have a little circle-jerk in some other forum where he can say "how sensitive those Gentoo/Linux-folks are! I gave them some contructive feedback and they banned me!"
klieber
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple fact that this forum cannot exist without the constant baby-sitting of moderators and site admins is very embarassing and a black mark against the Gentoo community.

I'm sick and tired of leaving for a couple days and coming back to find that the shit has hit the fan and all the children are fighting again. If you cannot self-regulate, despite my repeated polite requests that you do so, I will regulate for you.

Today, I discovered that we had some childish, stupid idiot who was attacking a forum member via PM. This is obviously unacceptable. That person has been banned (both accounts, btw -- he thought he was being clever in creating a separate account just to flame).

Also, from now on, I'm banning first and asking questions later when it comes to OTW. I've asked nicely, posted guidelines and tried to do everything possible to show everyone how to behave. That isn't working, so now we'll try a different tactic.

--kurt
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: