View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mae2050
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I just added a bug for this at http://bugzilla.gnome.org.

Its bug# 117710.

Please add your experience to the bug.
mae2050
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found another bug in gnome-panel 2.3.4.

Try going to any submenu under Applications e.g. System.

Then right click System Monitor and choose Entire Menu->Add this as menu to panel.

You will get an Error message about the gconf key being a string rather than a bool as expected, and the menu added to the panel is incorrect and doesn't point to the right submenu.

I filed a bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org under bug# 117766.

I was able to fix the problem by setting the use_menu_path key to a True Bool and setting the menu_path to the right path e.g. applications:///System.

Please tell me if you experience this same behaviour.

Thanks in advance.
G-LiTe`
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mae2050 wrote:
I also found another bug in gnome-panel 2.3.4.

Try going to any submenu under Applications e.g. System.

Then right click System Monitor and choose Entire Menu->Add this as menu to panel.

You will get an Error message about the gconf key being a string rather than a bool as expected, and the menu added to the panel is incorrect and doesn't point to the right submenu.

No error here. The panel however seems to freeze up every so often and I have to kill.
Freak_NL
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I can confirm both. :(

gnome-panel doesn't freeze on me anymore though, with the exception of freezing sometimes after using the run dialog, but that's a known bug.
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a really fun bug...

Try adding a program from your launcher menu as a shortcut icon, goodie, and icon appears - now try the same with a program that hasn't gotten a predefined icon..

The only way to stop this is to uninstall the application that's causing the problem, remove the panel and redo it.
mae2050
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just finished a patch for the "Add this as menu to panel" bug.

Here it is:

---
Code:

Orig/gnome-panel-2.3.4/gnome-panel/panel-menu-button.c      2003-07-03 11:29:43.000000000 -0400
+++ Diff/gnome-panel-2.3.4/gnome-panel/panel-menu-button.c      2003-07-20 01:49:24.000000000 -0400
@@ -774,8 +774,8 @@
        key = panel_gconf_full_key (PANEL_GCONF_OBJECTS, profile, id, "use_menu_path");
        gconf_client_set_bool (client, key, use_menu_path, NULL);

-       if (menu_path) {
-               key = panel_gconf_full_key (PANEL_GCONF_OBJECTS, profile, id, "use_menu_path");
+       if (use_menu_path) {
+               key = panel_gconf_full_key (PANEL_GCONF_OBJECTS, profile, id, "menu_path");
                gconf_client_set_string (client, key, menu_path, NULL);
        }

Last edited by mae2050 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, but please use the code tags - and add a bug report on bugs.breakmygentoo.net with a modified ebuild, that way it's easier for lin-matt to roll it into mainline.
PARENA
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest gnome-panel fixed the "drawer" stuff. But, when I login, all drawers (which are panels, of course) are opened.

Honestly, I liked it better the 'old' way, where 'drawers' weren't panels. But I reckon there's good reason for the Gnome devs changing this.

Anyway, someone else experiencing the "drawers are open on login" thing?
modal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I am able to compile ALL the packages for the gnome-current tarball (as of 7/25), except gnome-panel. Since version 2.3.3, I can't get the thing to work. I have done
Code:
USE="-breakme"
as well as changed my cflags as non-aggressive as
Code:
-march=i386 -02 -pipe
, taken all USE flags out. Removed the temporary files from working on the build. As well as recompiled all dependancies listed in the ebuild itself. I don't have linc or bonobo-activation installed (just cleanly removed and injected into my system) But, I keep getting similar compile problems. This is the most current one:
Code:
/bin/install: cannot stat `window-list-es.omf.out': No such file or directory
make[5]: *** [install-data-hook-omf] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/work/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/help/es/window-list'
make[4]: *** [install-data-am] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/work/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/help/es/window-list'
make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/work/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/help/es/window-list'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/work/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/help/es'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/work/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1/help'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

!!! ERROR: gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.3.4.1 failed.
!!! Function einstall, Line 343, Exitcode 2
!!! einstall failed

Sometimes I get scheme errors for gconf2 errors, which then i have to remerge gconf over again, then I don't get that error. But, usually it fails on help, clock, or some other thing that panel compiles.
I need some help with this, I have been struggling with this for ages.
Thank you,
modal
maba
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

modal wrote:
Code:
-march=i386 -02 -pipe

That should be an O, not 0 (zero).
modal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Code:
-march=i386 -02 -pipe

That should be an O, not 0 (zero).

maba--it is in my make.conf, i just typed it wrong in the heat of the moment. but, thanks, that would have been a "duh" moment
modal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, after I ran an
Code:
emerge -e gnome-panel
and it failed on the last package (gnome-panel-2.3.4.1). I commented out the USE flags (like I had done in the past) and it finally compiled. So, that brings me to a possible bug? in gnome-panel ebuild. Here are my USE flags, and my cflags (it compiled fine with these cflags with USE commented out).
Code:
USE="acpi breakme dvd evms2 faad fbcon gd gstreamer gtk2 gtkhtml ipv6 jack jack-tmpfs ladcca lcms matroska moznocompose moznoirc moznomail nocardbus pda pic prelude S3TC samba sasl scanner sse tiff usb v4l wxwindows xinerama xvid -arts -kde -berkdb -bonobo -gtk -qt"

Code:
CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -m3dnow -msse -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -O3 -pipe -fforce-addr -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -frerun-cse-after-loop -frerun-loop-opt -falign-functions=16 -maccumulate-outgoing-args -ffast-math -fprefetch-loop-arrays -falign-labels=1 -falign-loops=16 -falign-jumps=16"

btw...
i had the same ebuild fails when i had "+bonobo +gtk -breakme"

Thanks,
modal.
PARENA
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problems with Evolution. It's a libbonoboui problem, I think, because I've seen other threads. Except that this version of libbonoboui is, of course, newer (not 2.2.x but 2.3.x).

I setup a complete new system over the weekend, emerge gnome 2.3.x straight away. This is my evolution (1.4.3) error when starting from a console:
Code:
parena@thor ~ > evolution
warning: failed to load external entity "/home/parena/evolution/config/storage-set-view-expanded:default"

Bonobo-ERROR **: Attempt to instantiate non-Bonobo/Unknown derived object via. BonoboObject
aborting...

And then an error dialog comes up with "Application "evolution" (process 19168) has crashed
due to a fatal error. (Aborted)" and the posibility of submiting a bug report.
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARENA wrote:
I'm having problems with Evolution. It's a libbonoboui problem, I think, because I've seen other threads. Except that this version of libbonoboui is, of course, newer (not 2.2.x but 2.3.x).

I setup a complete new system over the weekend, emerge gnome 2.3.x straight away. This is my evolution (1.4.3) error when starting from a console:
Code:
parena@thor ~ > evolution
warning: failed to load external entity "/home/parena/evolution/config/storage-set-view-expanded:default"

Bonobo-ERROR **: Attempt to instantiate non-Bonobo/Unknown derived object via. BonoboObject
aborting...

And then an error dialog comes up with "Application "evolution" (process 19168) has crashed
due to a fatal error. (Aborted)" and the posibility of submiting a bug report.

I had this same error this morning with evo 1.4.4. I recompiled libbonobo and libbonoboui and that seems to have fixed things...
rem_proc_call
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin_Matt wrote:

I had this same error this morning with evo 1.4.4. I recompiled libbonobo and libbonoboui and that seems to have fixed things...

ummmm... got an ebuild for 1.4.4 :) or the tar.bz2? I can wait for the official, but since I was gonna rebuild to see if I could fix an odd freeze problem on quit I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

-- rpc
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -- Herber Spencer
"RTFM" -- everyone
ka2er
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi !!
first of all I like to thanks you for this wonderfull ebuild !!

I have two questions for you .. (note that I'm using gnome 2.3.5 from 03.08.11)

1 - when creating a new tab in gnome-terminal (CTRL+SHIFT+T) it works fine if you
are in your home dir but if you are for example in anyelse dir (/tmp)
I get the following error msg:

Code:
-bash: .bashrc: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
seb@ka2er tmp $ cd

Do you all have the same prob ?

2 - Is someone know how to set up default geometry of gnome-terminal ?
Maybe a gconf key ? because it remenber of my old setup e.g. dualhead so
I ve got 2048x768 term .. just a little too big ;) I tried the --geometry option but
it didn't work ... ;(
JorBond
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i try to compile gnome current but on half of the packages it says that it needs the library linc, but it i emerge linc it says that it can't install gnome b/c linc is installed
DiS-K
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JorBond wrote:
i try to compile gnome current but on half of the packages it says that it needs the library linc, but it i emerge linc it says that it can't install gnome b/c linc is installed

Read the entire thread...the answer is there....like 10 times. :roll:
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JorBond wrote:

Please report your adresse so I can send a person out to deliver your asskicking.
maxmc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovechild wrote:
JorBond wrote:

Please report your adresse so I can send a person out to deliver your asskicking.

The answer is on page 3 and forward.
silverter
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how I can change the behaviour of metacity when switching windows focus to actually activate the window instead of just outlining it? Has anyone gotten this behaviour too with the latest ebuilds? I don't know when it started. I'm using USE="breakme" to emerge the latest gnome-devel ebuilds from breakmygentoo, which compiled gtk+2 with the shadow patch among other patches. Could that be causing the problem? Because I compile metacity w\o any extra pacthes (USE="-breakme") but the problem still arises.

hope someone can help,

thanks and regards,
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxmc wrote:
Lovechild wrote:
JorBond wrote:

Why are you telling me that - I'm delivering out asskickings to the morons who refuse to read the thread for common problems... let alone search the forums...
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone downloaded the tarball over the last few hours ya might wanna re-get it now... Had a problem with my tarball gen script and had no idea but, thanks to maxmc, I now have it up and running again....
maxmc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovechild wrote:
maxmc wrote:
Lovechild wrote:
JorBond wrote:

Why are you telling me that - I'm delivering out asskickings to the morons who refuse to read the thread for common problems... let alone search the forums...

It was meant for JorBond but I apparently quoted the wrong message. Sorry.
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin_Matt wrote:
If anyone downloaded the tarball over the last few hours ya might wanna re-get it now... Had a problem with my tarball gen script and had no idea but, thanks to maxmc, I now have it up and running again....

man, I was just fixing it up for you to bugreport with an entire tarball of fixed builds...

ah well.. I'll go look at the ftp to see if any new packages have been uploaded I can ebuild.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: