library problem with mysql-4.0.23
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matdoc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: library problem with mysql-4.0.23 Reply with quote

I compiled mysql version 4.0.23 today and after that, the libmysqlclient.so.12 could not be found anymore. A google-search revealed, that this is a known bug (see Bug #7401])

I am now compiling version 4.0.22 (which is marked as stable) hoping that it is not affected by this bug, too.

I am unsure of what to do with experiences like this. Should I just mention them in this forum (as I am doing hereby) or should I file a bug-report?

Maybe this is a stupid question and there is some document on gentoo.org which describes the procedure one is supposed to take - so please excuse my greenhorn-stupidness and point me to these instructions.

Thanx,

Mat
scrow
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this;
Code:
emerge gentoolkit

and then run;
Code:
revdep-rebuild
matdoc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answering,

actually, my question was not, how I can solve the problem with mysql, but rather, what I should do, when I encounter some bug or misbehaviour in ebuilds or other parts of the gentoo system (so they can be fixed, not just for me but other people, too). The incident with mysql is just an example of such a bug.

Mat
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: