Xorg mouse acceleration per screen
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Xorg mouse acceleration per screen Reply with quote

Recently upgraded a monitor to a new "4k" monitor running 3840x2160 and I've run onto issues with mouse acceleration. First of all I had issues finding any good settings at all, mouse always seems jerky. However my main issue is that I still run a lower resolution monitor at 1024x1280.

Ideally I would like the acceleration to be consistant based on physical size so moving the mouse 1cm would result in the same amount of motion on both monitors. I would however settle with just being able to use different acceleration on the two monitors. As it is right now it is jerky but mostly fine on the 4k-monitor and way too fast on the low-resolution monitor. It is especially annoying since they are of the same physical height and moving the cursor up-down on the two is very different.

Is it possible to set different acceleration settings based on screen (they are different xorg screens, not xinerama, twinview or anything)? Or any other ideas how to improve the sensitivity?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could possibly script `xinput` to change the sensitivity, if you can figure out a reliable way to detect where the mouse is.

It might be doable if your WM supports doing actions when the pointer hits a screen edge.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: