Two questions.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XDroidie626
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Two questions. Reply with quote

Okay so I was unsure where to place these question, so I decided here, okay now let me explain what my questions are.

I am looking forward to the new Witcher 3 game due out next year, now I would prefer to not use Windows for 1 and 2 not upgrade my AMD 6870 1GB card (Due to budget).

Now I understand the power of Gentoo and what I can do to get the best possible raw performance, such as custom kernels, tweaks and the general power of Linux, but will this actually help in playing the game at a decent level?

Now I understand the game has not been released yet and the fact we don't know the specs of the game, but what tweaks and edits into the system would you use to get the best performance out of the system?

Second is I have become rather addicted to playing Borderlands 2 GOTY, and I would like to play the game under Linux but I have never had any major success in getting it to run under wine, so I have had to revert to Windows :(
Also PCI passthrough is not an option as I have only 1 GPU, and I havent got the knowledge or scripting knowledge to use VGA passthrough, and from what I hear it can be rather difficult to do.

So any suggestions would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!
ShanaXXII
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions. Reply with quote

Alot of Linux drivers aren't as good as Windows counterparts. If you want only raw performance, as in low memory and cpu usage, then it should be fine. But if you're going to do graphically intense stuff, such as games, ur going to have to tweak around a bit to get ur graphics are par with how it was like on windows. :/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: