View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Vaping Reply with quote

Any vapers in here? I just started two days ago with a starter pack from Blu. It's all right, but I look forward to trying Halo's G6 eCig.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Vaping Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
Any vapers in here? I just started two days ago with a starter pack from Blu. It's all right, but I look forward to trying Halo's G6 eCig.

I vape. Started with the Blu, and switched to a VV/VW mod from Volcano (The Lavatube 2.5) and then switched to pure mechanical mods. First mech mod was a Kamry 101, then I bought a Maraxus, then a UDT-V16, and I just ordered a E Hero from Dovpo.

I use a few different RDAs, but my favorite is the Igo-w7. My current build is a pair of vertical coils made from 24 gauge G-Plat, coming in at 0.28 Ω. I use organic cotton (boiled twice) for wicking, and for eLiquid I use 100% VG from either 808 Smokes in Pearl City or Xclusive Vapors in Kalihi.

For batteries, I use only Sony VTC5's for 18650, or the eFest 18350s. Though these days I rarely use 18350 batteries as the Sony 18650s are so good.

There is no god but Bach, Beethoven is the messenger of Bach.
sabre66
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Orions V2.1 & V3, GP Paps, Sturm Mod a couple of G-Bells a Spheroid and others but I leave home with a Nemisis clone topped with a Patriot and a single coil 24g kanthal @0.7 ohms driven by Sony VTC5's. My juice is DIY. 3yrs vaping only 3 stinkies in that time started at 24mg now down to 6 or 0 depends on mood. Vaped on planes, trains, cruise ships and in the office.
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still vaping, DIY liquid 3/4 VG 1/4 PG, always 12mg nicotine but a lot less 1ml or less a day. I am still using the same EGO 501 starter kit but with wickless bottom dual coils.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabre66 wrote:
2 Orions V2.1 & V3, GP Paps, Sturm Mod a couple of G-Bells a Spheroid and others but I leave home with a Nemisis clone topped with a Patriot and a single coil 24g kanthal @0.7 ohms driven by Sony VTC5's. My juice is DIY. 3yrs vaping only 3 stinkies in that time started at 24mg now down to 6 or 0 depends on mood. Vaped on planes, trains, cruise ships and in the office.

Planes?! 8O
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electronic cigarettes were just hitting the US market around the time I quit smoking. In one of many, many, ill fated attempts to quit, I tried them. I quickly learned they were a bad idea for me, because unlike a cigarette that burns down until there is nothing left to smoke, marking the stopping point, you just kinda have to realize you've been puffing on the electronic guys for a bit and tell yourself to knock it off. I must have sucked down a good 10mg of nicotine the first time i used that thing before it dawned on me that I needed to impose my own stopping point. I was all revved up and breaking out in cold sweats. :D Bad scene for a guy that already has self control issues. I don't even remember what brand it was, but it claimed to have as much nicotine as a pack of smokes in the one e-cig. It lasted me about 3 vaping "sessions" before it died out. On the tobacco guys I would have gone through 3, maybe 4 smokes over the same time period.

I work with a shit ton of people who are into vaping. It definitely doesn't seem to slow down their need for nicotine and I think a few folks have gotten themselves even more hooked, but I'd still rather see them vaping than smoking. Pretty horrifying that each tobacco cigarette only delivers 1 to 1.5 mg of nicotine, and over 20 mg of tar... Even if there are as of yet undetected adverse health effects to vaping, it's gotta be better than tobacco. Although, the first time I saw a re-chargeable e-cig, I thought it was some type of illicit drug paraphernalia. Someone must have dropped it and it was laying out in a parking lot.
sabre66
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
sabre66 wrote:

Planes?! 8O

When I fly i usually mix higher pg less vapor, and pretend I'm resting with hoodie over my head. I have yet to set a smoke detector off. Last time Europe to Canada 22hrs was made tolerable my my trusty Orion.

And to ratmonkey I vape much more than I smoked, but I'm now finally comfortable at 0 nic if need be, I love vaping its become a hobby for me.
sabre66
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
I am still vaping, DIY liquid 3/4 VG 1/4 PG, always 12mg nicotine but a lot less 1ml or less a day. I am still using the same EGO 501 starter kit but with wickless bottom dual coils.

WOW I go through 5 ml a day
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoked and dipped for 20 years. No offense intended to anybody, but I have come to the conclusion that nicotine use is a behavioral problem. Only mentally ill people do it, and it's like waving a flag that says, "I have issues".
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabre66 wrote:
erm67 wrote:

Depends on my coils, but usually I go through between 5 and 8 ml each day. Also 6 mg nicotine, or 0 mg nicotine... depending on mood. Anything above 6 mg with < 1 Ω coils is simply too much.

sabre66
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
sabre66 wrote:
erm67 wrote:

Depends on my coils, but usually I go through between 5 and 8 ml each day. Also 6 mg nicotine, or 0 mg nicotine... depending on mood. Anything above 6 mg with < 1 Ω coils is simply too much.

Exactly when I was running duals on my iatty I was blasting between 6 and 10 mls a day easily. I like single but now I wanna get some of that g-plat wire you mentioned and run duals again.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-plat is nice. It is a better conductor, so heating and cooling is more efficient. The flavor and vapor production is also better than kanthal a1.

I'm happiest with 24 gauge for both kanthal & G-plat, but YMMV. I just find 24 gauge to be the easiest to work with.

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Volcano eliquid is fuggin nasty. 80/20 PG/VG... or 70/30. The stuff tastes like pure chemical. because of Volcano eliquid, I switched to 100% VG.

erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabre66 wrote:
Muso wrote:
sabre66 wrote:
erm67 wrote:

Exactly when I was running duals on my iatty I was blasting between 6 and 10 mls a day easily. I like single but now I wanna get some of that g-plat wire you mentioned and run duals again.

Well I guess I smoke to satisfy my nicotine crave, I don't like particularly vaping it is just a way to inhale nicotine :-)
I am also very little flavouring, like 1 drop in 10ml. The good thing is that I am no longer interested in cigarettes now, I even dislike the smell of tobacco.
I guess I will totally quit someday, but since I buy liquid in bulk, I still have to go through 200ml :-)
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
I even dislike the smell of tobacco.

Same here :lol:

Vaping = greatest smoking cessation technology ever.

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
erm67 wrote:

As a smoking cessation option, it seems like a great concept. But some people seem to use it instead of tobacco. And given that it is ingesting something into the lungs, it just seem like a bad idea. It'll be interesting to see what health problems develop.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Muso wrote:
erm67 wrote:

As a smoking cessation option, it seems like a great concept. But some people seem to use it instead of tobacco. And given that it is ingesting something into the lungs, it just seem like a bad idea. It'll be interesting to see what health problems develop.

Some of the recent studies seem to be indicating that nicotine actually reduces onset of dementia type diseases, e.g. Alzheimer's disease. At least there seems to be a correlation between nicotine use and reduced onset. I guess it's been difficult to study long term because the stuff that normally comes with nicotine kills you before dementia would typically set in...emphysema, cancer.

So maybe the socioeconomic factors are more interesting as Gen Y and Millenials will be able to hide out in their parents basements for much longer without the tables turning and their parents becoming a burden on them!

(Suck it, Bonekracker, your generation is the one that caused us to be in the economic position where it is most advantageous for us to hang out in our parent's basements until we are 40.) :P

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you guys just heat it up in a spoon and inject it into a vein?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogtastic wrote:
So maybe the socioeconomic factors are more interesting as Gen Y and Millenials will be able to hide out in their parents basements for much longer without the tables turning and their parents becoming a burden on them!

(Suck it, Bonekracker, your generation is the one that caused us to be in the economic position where it is most advantageous for us to hang out in our parent's basements until we are 40.) :P
So, your generation is intellectually incapable of entrepreneurship? That certainly sounds like a part of the economic problem.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
bogtastic wrote:

So, your generation is intellectually incapable of entrepreneurship? That certainly sounds like a part of the economic problem.

Everyone needs a good mentor, gramps.

Juniper wrote:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennials don't need mentors; they need a do-over.

Not to despair though. The generation that was young in the Great Depression went on to make a name for themselves during World War II. We're due for something of that nature: another world war, a plague, zombies... something. You'll get your chance. In the meantime, get off my lawn.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogtastic wrote:
Everyone needs a good mentor, gramps.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You couldn't be more wrong. I suppose it is possible to mentor someone into entrepreneurial mindset, but IMO, it is as more of a personality trait than it is a skill set.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, back to vaping... :P

(we'll have to agree to disagree on whether I'm right or wrong on that one.)

Juniper wrote:
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Muso wrote:
erm67 wrote:

I'm not a fan of PG, and that seems like the most "risky" thing inhaled via vaping... but there is a history of PG inhalation during the 20th century and continuing to this day.... nightclub/concert workers (fog machines).

With 100% VG w/flavorings and nicotine (or no nicotine... I haven't used nic eLiquid in days), you are inhaling fewer pollutants than you would be walking down the sidewalk next to any street with cars.

wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this looks like an assembly of a sick society.
Is Muso now going to call for Nazi methods again?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: