Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[RoP] Aloha Snackbar #2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: [RoP] Aloha Snackbar #2 Reply with quote

'Tumour' of Israel will soon be destroyed

Quote:
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a "cancerous tumour" that will soon be excised, drawing Western rebukes.

Washington said Ahmadinejad's statements were "reprehensible", while Paris viewed them as "outrageous."

Ahmadinejad's diatribe against Israel in his Quds (Jerusalem) Day address was the latest in a long line to have drawn criticism from Western governments.

"The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour," he said.

"The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land.... A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists," he said.

Israel's existence 'insult to all humanity'

Quote:
Israel's existence is an "insult to all humanity," Iran's president said Friday in one of his sharpest attacks yet against the Jewish state, as Israel openly debates whether to attack Iran over its nuclear program.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said confronting Israel is an effort to "protect the dignity of all human beings."

"The existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to all humanity," Ahmadinejad said. He was addressing worshippers at Tehran University after nationwide pro-Palestinian rallies, an annual event marking Quds (Jerusalem) Day on the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan.

Israel considers Iran an existential threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, support for radical anti-Israel groups on its borders and repeated references by Iranian leaders to Israel's destruction. Ahmadinejad himself has repeatedly made such calls, as has Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Iran has denied allegations that it is seeking to build nuclear weapons, saying its nuclear program is peaceful and aimed at producing electricity and radioisotopes used to treat cancer patients.

Yeah, right :roll:

Saudi Cleric Questions Holocaust

Quote:
Al-Odeh also perpetuates ‘blood libel’ against Jews

A prominent Saudi Arabian religious cleric declared that the Holocaust is an “exaggeration” and that Jewish people consume the blood of children during a wide-ranging interview with an Arabic television station.

Saudi cleric Salman Al-Odeh, a well-known scholar revered by millions globally, went on a lengthy tirade against the Jews during an interview Monday in which he stated that “the role of the Jews is to wreak destruction, to wage war, and to practice deception and extortion,” according to a translation of his remarks by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

Al-Odeh ranted about the use of human blood in Jewish religious rituals, a notorious anti-Semitic smear commonly referred to as a “blood libel.”

“It is well known that the Jews celebrate several holidays, one of which is the Passover, or the matzos holiday,” he said.

“I read once about a doctor who was working in a laboratory. This doctor lived with a Jewish family. One day, they said to him: ‘We want blood. Get us some human blood,’” Al-Odeh explained.

“He was confused. He didn’t know what this was all about,” Al-Odeh says as the interviewer nods along. “He found that they were making matzos with human blood. They eat it, believing that this brings them close to their false god, Yahweh.”

Jewish people “would lure a child in order to sacrifice him in the religious rite that they perform during that holiday,” Al-Odeh adds.

Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. America played the Trump card.
Koala Kid
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can't be, I clearly remember energyman said that Iran haven't threat anybody...
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koala Kid wrote:
This can't be, I clearly remember energyman said that Iran haven't threat anybody...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He also claimed that the Arabs were the original inhabitants of Israel. That must be why the Jewish temple was built on top of the Al-Aqsa mosque... oh wait, it's the other way around, isn't it?

Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. America played the Trump card.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just can't translate. They're really wishing them well.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
elyes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: [RoP] 'Tumour' of Israel will soon be destroyed Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
'Tumour' of Israel will soon be destroyed

Quote:
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a "cancerous tumour" that will soon be excised, drawing Western rebukes.....

Israel's existence 'insult to all humanity'
Quote:
Israel's existence is an "insult to all humanity," Iran's president said Friday in one of his sharpest attacks yet against the Jewish state, as Israel openly debates whether to attack Iran over its nuclear program.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said confronting Israel is an effort to "protect the dignity of all human beings."

"The existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to all humanity," Ahmadinejad said. He was addressing worshippers at Tehran University after nationwide pro-Palestinian rallies, an annual event marking Quds (Jerusalem) Day on the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan.

Israel considers Iran an existential threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, support for radical anti-Israel groups on its borders and repeated references by Iranian leaders to Israel's destruction. Ahmadinejad himself has repeatedly made such calls, as has Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Iran has denied allegations that it is seeking to build nuclear weapons, saying its nuclear program is peaceful and aimed at producing electricity and radioisotopes used to treat cancer patients.

Yeah, right :roll:

Saudi Cleric Questions Holocaust

Quote:
Al-Odeh also perpetuates ‘blood libel’ against Jews

A prominent Saudi Arabian religious cleric declared that the Holocaust is an “exaggeration” and that Jewish people consume the blood of children during a wide-ranging interview with an Arabic television station.

Saudi cleric Salman Al-Odeh, a well-known scholar revered by millions globally, went on a lengthy tirade against the Jews during an interview Monday in which he stated that “the role of the Jews is to wreak destruction, to wage war, and to practice deception and extortion,” according to a translation of his remarks by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

Al-Odeh ranted about the use of human blood in Jewish religious rituals, a notorious anti-Semitic smear commonly referred to as a “blood libel.”

“It is well known that the Jews celebrate several holidays, one of which is the Passover, or the matzos holiday,” he said.

“I read once about a doctor who was working in a laboratory. This doctor lived with a Jewish family. One day, they said to him: ‘We want blood. Get us some human blood,’” Al-Odeh explained.

“He was confused. He didn’t know what this was all about,” Al-Odeh says as the interviewer nods along. “He found that they were making matzos with human blood. They eat it, believing that this brings them close to their false god, Yahweh.”

Jewish people “would lure a child in order to sacrifice him in the religious rite that they perform during that holiday,” Al-Odeh adds.

what is the relation between Iran and Saudi?
If I remember well, Saudi is your partner and Saudi is asking to bomb Iran!
elyes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koala Kid wrote:

Iran haven't threat anybody out side of Iran, this is a fact!
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elyes wrote:
Koala Kid wrote:

Sorry, but that is not true. They have killed both American servicemen and women as well as civilians in Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the Persian Gulf. One can debate US policy in the region, yet the Iranian regime is not without blood on it's hands.
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iran Air Flight 655, shot down by terrorists.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: [RoP] 'Tumour' of Israel will soon be destroyed Reply with quote

elyes wrote:

They share the same demented religion.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah (2nd R) shakes hands with Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the opening ceremony of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) summit in Mecca August 14, 2012. Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah seated Ahmadinejad at his side to welcome leaders to a summit on Wednesday, an apparent conciliatory gesture before the OOIC suspends the membership of Iran's ally Syria.

Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elyes wrote:
Koala Kid wrote:

How so? Above speech of Mahmoud read like a threat to me. And to my knowledge, Israel is outside of Iran - might have to check the maps later :D. Or do you mean Mahmoud hasn't issued those threats to anyone outside of Iran? So what? Doesn't matter at all.

Please not that I am not a friend of all Israeli politics and don't support Israel just because my grandfather's generation was involved in the holocaust and I have to make up for it. I find many things done in Israel (by Israelis) reprehensible - yet I don't know too much about the formation of Israel and who's to blame for the mess in the Palestine region. Both sides, I guess.
Now it's time for the harvest

Last edited by Clad in Sky on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
elyes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clad in Sky wrote:
elyes wrote:
Koala Kid wrote:

How so? Above speech of Mahmoud read like a thread to me. And to my knowledge, Israel is outside of Iran - might have to check the maps later :D. Or do you mean Mahmoud hasn't issued those threats to anyone outside of Iran? So what? Doesn't matter at all.

Please not that I am not a friend of all Israeli politics and don't support Israel just because my grandfather's generation was involved in the holocaust and I have to make up for it. I find many things done in Israel (by Israelis) reprehensible - yet I don't know too much about the formation of Israel and who's to blame for the mess in the Palestine region. Both sides, I guess.

As long as I know, Mahmoud had done many speech against israel and Zionism. however, they do not bombing Israel...!
In Iran there is also Jews!

in the other hand, as you want to check the map, Israel have already bombed: Tunisia, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, killed physicists in Iran, bombed Lebanon,.....
elyes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: [RoP] 'Tumour' of Israel will soon be destroyed Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
elyes wrote:

They share the same demented religion.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah (2nd R) shakes hands with Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the opening ceremony of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) summit in Mecca August 14, 2012. Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah seated Ahmadinejad at his side to welcome leaders to a summit on Wednesday, an apparent conciliatory gesture before the OOIC suspends the membership of Iran's ally Syria.

no no, young man!, Saudi Americana is your partner, Saudi is an Israeli partner!
Saudi want Israel to bomb Iran. Saudi want the destruction of all Shiite country.
Also for your information, Saudi is financing "rebels" is Syria and in Iran against Shiite!
Saudi is also financing Islamist and terrorists all around the world.
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elyes wrote:
Clad in Sky wrote:
elyes wrote:
Koala Kid wrote:

How so? Above speech of Mahmoud read like a threat to me. And to my knowledge, Israel is outside of Iran - might have to check the maps later :D. Or do you mean Mahmoud hasn't issued those threats to anyone outside of Iran? So what? Doesn't matter at all.

As long as I know, Mahmoud had done many speech against israel and Zionism. however, they do not bombing Israel...!
In Iran there is also Jews!

That's what we call a threat or menace in your language (You're French, aren't you? Anyway, it's an English word as well.) and one has to distinguish threat from deed.
Now it's time for the harvest
elyes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clad in Sky wrote:

That's what we call a threat or menace in your language (You're French, aren't you? Anyway, it's an English word as well.) and one has to distinguish threat from deed.

it is just a "speech" a political speech like the famous Oblabla, the Nobel prize, Cairo speech.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elyes wrote:
Clad in Sky wrote:

it is just a "speech" a political speech like the famous Oblabla, the Nobel prize, Cairo speech.

Oh yes. As Obama told the Egyptians "We must wipe Israel off the map!".

:roll:

Your taqiyya and kitman don't pass muster here, PFC Hamas.

elyes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
elyes wrote:
Clad in Sky wrote:

Oh yes. As Obama told the Egyptians "We must wipe Israel off the map!".

:roll:

Your taqiyya and kitman don't pass muster here, PFC Hamas.

no Oblabla promise a peace for 2 states ....
puppet, go back to your AIPAC ....
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe when they talk of tumours the Persians have found a cure for cancer to go with those flying carpets they use for transport.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: [RoP] Women banned from University Reply with quote

Anger as Iran bans women from universities

Quote:
Female students in Iran have been barred from more than 70 university degree courses in an officially-approved act of sex-discrimination which critics say is aimed at defeating the fight for equal women's rights.

In a move that has prompted a demand for a UN investigation by Iran's most celebrated human rights campaigner, the Nobel laureate Shirin Ebadi, 36 universities have announced that 77 BA and BSc courses in the coming academic year will be "single gender" and effectively exclusive to men.

It follows years in which Iranian women students have outperformed men, a trend at odds with the traditional male-dominated outlook of the country's religious leaders. Women outnumbered men by three to two in passing this year's university entrance exam.

Senior clerics in Iran's theocratic regime have become concerned about the social side-effects of rising educational standards among women, including declining birth and marriage rates.

Under the new policy, women undergraduates will be excluded from a broad range of studies in some of the country's leading institutions, including English literature, English translation, hotel management, archaeology, nuclear physics, computer science, electrical engineering, industrial engineering and business management.

The Oil Industry University, which has several campuses across the country, says it will no longer accept female students at all, citing a lack of employer demand. Isfahan University provided a similar rationale for excluding women from its mining engineering degree, claiming 98% of female graduates ended up jobless.

Writing to Ban Ki Moon, the UN secretary general, and Navi Pillay, the high commissioner for human rights, Mrs Ebadi, a human rights lawyer exiled in the UK, said the real agenda was to reduce the proportion of female students to below 50% – from around 65% at present – thereby weakening the Iranian feminist movement in its campaign against discriminatory Islamic laws.

"[It] is part of the recent policy of the Islamic Republic, which tries to return women to the private domain inside the home as it cannot tolerate their passionate presence in the public arena," says the letter, which was also sent to Ahmad Shaheed, the UN's special rapporteur for human rights in Iran. "The aim is that women will give up their opposition and demands for their own rights."

The new policy has also been criticised by Iranian parliamentarians, who summoned the deputy science and higher education minister to explain.

However, the science and higher education minister, Kamran Daneshjoo, dismissed the controversy, saying that 90% of degrees remain open to both sexes and that single-gender courses were needed to create "balance".

Iran has highest ratio of female to male undergraduates in the world, according to UNESCO. Female students have become prominent in traditionally male-dominated courses like applied physics and some engineering disciplines.

Sociologists have credited women's growing academic success to the increased willingness of religiously-conservative families to send their daughters to university after the 1979 Islamic revolution. The relative decline in the male student population has been attributed to the desire of young Iranian men to "get rich quick" without going to university.

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ5n3laOItk

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! I remember well sitting at a bus stop when some very hot young woman in very revealing&sexy clothing joined me - a female student from Iran.... she was extremely hot. Seriously.

Banning them studying, will also make sure they won't spend time in far away universities where they can act like whores (aka western women) without repercussion and get infected with pesky stuff like 'human rights' or 'sense of self-worth'.

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better if they can get out earlier, though, before somebody cuts off their clitoris. But even then, the women of the family often drag them back there around age 11 for a "visit", at which time they get ambushed by their aunts.

Maybe the Democrats in the U.S. will learn something from this and stop their War on Women.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
It's better if they can get out earlier, though, before somebody cuts off their clitoris. But even then, the women of the family often drag them back there around age 11 for a "visit", at which time they get ambushed by their aunts.

that is Indonesia - where they even do it at schools. Iran is not big at clit cutting. Maybe their persian heritage is to blame.

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

that is Indonesia - where they even do it at schools. Iran is not big at clit cutting. Maybe their persian heritage is to blame.

Well, it may be anecdotal evidence, but the one Persian girlfriend I have had experienced exactly what I described.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Well, it may be anecdotal evidence, but the one Persian girlfriend I have had experienced exactly what I described.

tough luck. It happens everywhere where Islam is around. But it isn't common in say Tunesia, while almost every woman in Egypt is cut. The Kurds are big into cutting too... did your GF belong to the kurdish minority?

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, she was upper middle class. Father was some kind of engineer. Very typical Persian looks, and very attractive. Just... no external clitoris-related parts. She would only talk about it indirectly. I think it was a very traumatic experience for her.

As to this apparent change in policy in Iran, it may be an act of desperation. The theocracy and the more fundamentalist side of the society are trying to get the more moderate and libertarian side under control. They must see women as an important part of that.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: