boot.mount mount process exited, code=exited status=32
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balink
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: boot.mount mount process exited, code=exited status=32 Reply with quote

I'm in the process of installing gentoo on a clean disk (first gentoo install). I finally got it to boot, get through grub and almost begin to boot gentoo! I'm using systemd, and on boot it begins fine, but then it stops. running journalctl -xb and looking through it, I found the error
Code:
Jul 10 20:22:39 localhost systemd[1]: boot.mount mount process exited, code=exited status=32
I followed the install guide basically to the letter, with a few extra partitions as per a few suggestions from people that know considerably more than I do.

My fstab:
Code:

/dev/sda3            /              ext4            noatime,discard                    0 1
/dev/sda2            /boot          ext2            defaults,noatime,discard           0 2
/dev/sdb3            /var           ext4            noatime,discard                    0 2
/dev/sdb2            /tmp           reiserfs        noatime,notail                     0 2
/dev/sdb1            none           swap            sw                                 0 0

After I enter into "emergency mode" I can mount all of them manually with no issues, and everything is (to the best of my knowledge) in the correct place.

Edit: Problem solved, after re-reading the install guide it came to my attention that ext2 doesn't support the "discard" option.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: