"Incompatible Qt library" QT_BUILD_KEY issue
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goverp
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: "Incompatible Qt library" QT_BUILD_KEY issue Reply with quote

Can anyone help me debug this please?

My Asus netbook (x86 Intel Atom processor) has been running stable KDE for ages. I use FEATURES="distcc distcc-pump ..." to export the emerge compilations to my AMD64 desktop machine. That's been working for ages, until the distcc client code on the netbook got upgraded. That caused distcc to build a broken KDE - it wouldn't let me log on. It turned out to be a well-known problem, the upgrade wiped symbolic links from cc, gcc, g++ and c++ to my i686-pc-linux-gnu wrapper, as described in the Gentoo Wiki Distcc/Cross-Compiling item.

I initially cured the problem by recompiling everything on the netbook without using distcc. But having read the above wiki item, I fixed the links, and did an "emerge --update world". KDE mostly works now, but some problems persist, almost certainly resulting from distcc.

The KDE panel has a red X where it should have the System Tray. Moving the mouse over the X produces a pop-up containing a message. Also, selecting the "Leave..." item from the desktop menu just hangs. The message was like the following (which I copied from .xsession-errors after enabling some debugging):
Code:
file:///usr/share/apps/ksmserver/themes/default/main.qml:242:17: Type KSMButton unavailable
                     KSMButton {
                     ^
file:///usr/share/apps/ksmserver/themes/default/KSMButton.qml:75:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.kde.qtextracompon
ents": The plugin '/usr/lib/kde4/imports/org/kde/qtextracomponents/libqtextracomponentsplugin.so' uses incompatible Qt librar
y. Expected build key "i386 linux g++-4 full-config", got "x86_64 linux g++-4 full-config"
     import org.kde.qtextracomponents 0.1
     ^
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::logoutRequested() to KSMShutdownDlg::slotLogout()

I thought this might be distcc still compiling for the native AMD platform instead of the client Intel Atom, so I scanned all the .so libraries on the netbook. But they're ALL ELF 32-bit Intel 80386 libraries, so that the compilation appears to have run with the correct cross-compile settings. However, grep shows the library indeed contains the string "x86_64 linux g++-4 full-config", so I guess there's an issue with the compilation including header files or something from the AMD box.

I guess the bypass is to recompile this library, from kde-base/plasma-runtime, locally. But that's a pain...

Have I broken something else, or have the KDE developers made some silly assumptions?
xaviermiller
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have the same issue with other QT programs (qpdfview). You need to disable distcc for them, for example by using /etc/portage/portage.env system.
Goverp
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recompiling plasma-runtime locally fixed my problem. It's an annoying fix though, as it means my poor little netbook will have to work longer hours overnight :-(
xaviermiller
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand : I had a netbook for 6 years, with Gentoo ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: