View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadywack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Cinnamon Nemo won't mount ntfs volumes. Reply with quote

Hello,

First off thanks for taking the time to read this, if you have any suggestions I very much appreciate it.

Anyhow, the problem I'm having is in Cinnamon 2.2.13. When I use Nemo and try to click on my ntfs drives I get the ol "Unable to mount xxx not authorized to perform operation". I use systemd and when I pop into journalctl I see
Code:
org.gtk.Private.UDisks2VolumeMonitor[2829]: ### debug: emit_signal: 0x74b5b0
Jun 29 08:35:23 gentoolicious org.gtk.Private.UDisks2VolumeMonitor[2829]: ### debug: in handle_volume_mount
Jun 29 08:35:23 gentoolicious org.gtk.Private.UDisks2VolumeMonitor[2829]: ### debug: in volume_mount_cb
Jun 29 08:35:23 gentoolicious org.gtk.Private.UDisks2VolumeMonitor[2829]: ### debug:   error: Not authorized to perform operation

(yes, my machine is named gentoolicious 8) )

I have the fuse module loaded, I have ntfs3g installed, and I can simply mount the volume as root no problem, in fact I get this in the log when I do:

Code:
Jun 29 08:37:43 gentoolicious ntfs-3g[31771]: Version 2013.1.13 external FUSE 29
Jun 29 08:37:43 gentoolicious ntfs-3g[31771]: Mounted /dev/sda1 (Read-Write, label "MassiveStorage", NTFS 3.1)
Jun 29 08:37:43 gentoolicious ntfs-3g[31771]: Cmdline options: rw
Jun 29 08:37:43 gentoolicious ntfs-3g[31771]: Mount options: rw,allow_other,nonempty,relatime,fsname=/dev/sda1,blkdev,blksize=4096

When I go into gnome, it can mount the same volume just fine with gvfs, I'm just wondering if there's something else I need to configure? I have looked at polkit but, unfortunately, I'm very poorly studied on polkit and gentoo's implementation of it. I am not sure where or what to put for rules, if that's what someone might think of for a suggestion.

I hate to just file this as a bug in the bugzilla without getting some input first, as I probably have just done something wrong.

Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: