[Solved] Xfce with systemd: hibernate, suspend not available
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulsource
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: [Solved] Xfce with systemd: hibernate, suspend not available Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm having the issue that Xfce does not display any power saving options on the logout dialogue, and the "Suspend" entry in the session menu is grayed out. This issue is probably related to my switch to systemd, since before I switched the respective options were available. At first I thought it's a permission issue, yet if I run `systemctl suspend` on the command line with my user account, it works flawlessly.

I'd like to fix this, yet I have no clue where to start. Which of the xfce packages is responsible for this power saving functionality? Are there any special use flags that need to be or mustn't be set in order to get hibernate support in conjunction with systemd? Are there packages which might cause conflicts?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by soulsource on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following through on the bugs mentioned in https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-983392-start-0.html this should be fixed with UPower 0.99.x; also make sure you have the upower USE flag enabled, if needed then relevant XFCE packages that are of interest are mentioned in that topic and/or those bugs.
soulsource
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! While for me the issue was still present with upower-0.99.0-r1 and xfce4-sesssion-4.11.0-r1, the patch supplied by David Carlos Manuelda in the bug report you linked to did the trick.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: