Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
upgrade to kde-4.13.1: how do I sync akonadi ressources?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morpheus2051
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: upgrade to kde-4.13.1: how do I sync akonadi ressources? Reply with quote

Well, I upgraded kde to version 4.13.1 to see if a specific bug was fixed. Before the upgrade I had my address book, my calender and my notes in three separate files and syncing them between my computers was done via rsync and was good enough for me. It worked quite well.

Now, after the upgrade the notes are stored in some fancy akonadi resource. How do I sync this fancy thing directly between my computers?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greetings morpheus
morpheus2051
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the akonadi notes settings so that the data of my notes are stored in a directory of my choosing. Now if I change the data by hand with a texteditor it is not updated even after a akonadi restart. The only thing that helps is to delete the mysql database of akonadi.

Is there a way to rebuild the akonadi database without deleting it? Deleting it causes some loss of settings in other PIM programs which is very annoying.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: