Weird NetworkManager behavior
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kLeZ-hAcK
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Weird NetworkManager behavior Reply with quote

Hi all,
I want to share with you a weird behavior in my network configuration.
I use Gentoo in my work laptop, I use kernel 3.13.7, systemd, NetworkManager, dhcpcd, wpa_supplicant.
Drivers and modules are ok, because I can connect to any wireless and wired network, in certain conditions.

Let me explain the situation. At work, I use a Galaxy Tab in routing mode to connect to blocked internet (even webmail) outside a fascist firewall.
I noted that if I connect the cable first (when placing the laptop on the table) and then boot up my gentoo-box, the wireless can't connect, otherwise if I boot up without the cable (letting NetworkManager to connect to the wireless) and then after logged in I plug in the cable, the wireless works as expected, without problems of any sort.

I really cannot think of anything that can bring to such a behavior, nor I can think of a misconfiguration, simply because NetworkManager works out of the box so no configuration is needed to let it work as one would expect.

Am I wrong in my assumptions? You can think of any kind of incompatibility I don't know? Please let me know what do you think of that kind of issue (luckily, not blocking).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: