Mozart Soundcard installation
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Bell
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Mozart Soundcard installation Reply with quote

I've recently got a Mozart Soundcard from OAK Technologies, I know it's an old card, but I just wanted to try it.

Looking at the Sound Cards supported by the kernel it seems to appear this card, the Mozart, but in the configuration of the kernel it does not seem to appear any option to build support for the card, so I cannot load any module to probe it.

I've read the alsa documentation and it seems it's also supported by them, but I would try to do it by building the module in the kernel itself.

Can anyone tell me how to do such a thing, or it's simply the card is unsupported.

Thanks
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd highly recommend ALSA sound over kernel sound (as does the Gentoo documentation, atleast thats how it reads to me.) So for your sound you should follow the Desktop Guide 'Sound' section and every time you see the reference to "snd-emu10k1" replace it with "snd-mozart" given the ALSA Sound Card Matrix identifies that your card uses the "mozart" ALSA Driver. Hope that helps!

Regards,
BonezTheGoon
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: