Dolphin bug?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danomac
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Dolphin bug? Reply with quote

I have come across a bug in Dolphin that's really darn irritating.

I use previews off, split mode and whenever I expand a folder (using either mouse OR right arrow key) Dolphin decides to select everything between the top of the list and the directory I've just expanded.

Has anyone else seen this and know how to stop it? It's pissing me off so much I am going to replace it with something else really quick...
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have nothing helpful at this time to share, but I figured I'd at least drop a 'me too' here.

That is, I believe I've seen this happening too, but I guess I don't do what triggers it often enough for it to be really affecting me much, and thus, I haven't really even tried or thought about digging into it.

It's certainly annoying, and I can imagine rather dangerous as well during for example file removal operations...

At version 4.11.7 (looking at kde-base/kdebase-startkde) here, using “unstable” amd64. I can't remember when I first noticed it, but it has been going for a while.

I also forget how I was able to reproduce it. Mental note-to-self: look into this more.

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Last edited by Chiitoo on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fitzcarraldo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of KDE are you using? I'm using 4.12.3 and the problem does not occur for me.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
danomac
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
Which version of KDE are you using? I'm using 4.12.3 and the problem does not occur for me.

I've seen this bug for all of 4.x. I use the file manager quite extensively but it got so bad the other day it was unusable. Currently using 4.11.5. I used the kdebase-meta package to install, as I only use the file manager on the machine with tightvnc.

I don't think it's my install either, I've lost the SSD on the machine and had to reinstall everything from scratch (using a desktop profile) and it still is doing it.

Edit: Strangely enough, when it goes into this hissy fit some keyboard shortcuts don't work (like Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) but others still do (like Shift+Del.) How odd.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: