View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morpheus2051
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: kde4 taskbar fonts scrambled Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a separate taskbar on the top of my kde screen. It is the only place where my open programs get listed. Every now and then the fonts of one or two programs listed there get scrambled. I upgraded to kde-4.12.5 and the bug is still there. It always happens when a program changes its title, e.g. when amarok starts to play another song.
To better understand what I mean, I made a picture. I had to take it with my mobile phone.
http://picpaste.com/BugKde-RvNXzjIP.jpg
When I give an other program the focus the fonts return to normal. Touching the entry with my mouse also returns the font to normal. It is rather annoying but I can live with it. I don't remember since when the bug happens.

Before I file a bug report I want to make sure that I am not causing this problem due to my configuration or something else.

Any hints where I can look to solve this?

Greetings

P.S.: I see this bug on nvidia and intel systems. I have the desktop effects turned of because this is a laptop.
mir3x
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st) have u tried changing decoration ? Maybe on another one it would be ok.
2nd) try enabling desktop effects and that setting advanced window improvement (I could badly transalte but u will find it in global desktop effects options)
Im not 100% sure but I feel that enabling destkop effects globally just makes everything faster, and u can just disable them all - just keep globally enabled.
3rd) why u make picture via phone ? its faster to emerge ksnapshot and press 'print screen'
morpheus2051
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) When I change the decorations, the fonts disappear entirely.
2) Same happens when I enable the desktop effects via Alt+Shift+F12.
The only working decoration is slim glow (which I am using) without desktop effects. With desktop effects there are no fonts visible in slim glow either.
3) When the focus changes to another program the fonts get redrawn and then they aren't scrambled anymore. So no chance to capture this bug via screenshot. Believe me, I have tried.
morpheus2051
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally, I don't have any symbols of my programs in the taskbar. Only the title of the program is shown. Changing the font size doesn't help either.
morpheus2051
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: When I make the panel bigger the icons reappear and the fonts don't get scrambled. But then the panel is so big, it uses too much space of my screen. The screen is only 1366x768 on a 12.5 inch screen. Why are the fonts scrambled when the panel size is at its minimum (kde lets me choose this minimum by mouse. I do not tweak the config files by hand)?

Edit: by size I mean height
Edit2: Upgrading to kde 4.13.1 does not help
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: