Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Gentoo + Xen: what are maintainers doing with it?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeklow
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Gentoo + Xen: what are maintainers doing with it? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I've got a number of tasks to be completed on my G boxen, and during that some quirks were found and recognized as possible maintainer's problem.

Question 1: why gentoo-wiki article is so old? Python syntax of 'xm' isn't supported much in 'xl'.

Question 2: why to keep libsdl supported in app-emulation/xen-tools as
Code:
        hvm? ( media-libs/libsdl )

? It leads to much problems with HVM and graphics passthru's, I think SDL should be moved out to separate use flag, because hvmloader binary has nothing to do with the fact: when HVM is active and graphics passthru is active, there may be no X11 screen available to draw. And, by default, it's causing problems - because I was expecting to provide graphics to guest, I had no X running, and SDL was angry at it.

And anyway I don't think that generally X-less oriented package should ever have libsdl hid in dependencies so deep.

If it's mantained, please resolve those; it it's unmaintained then tell me and I'll do.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: