Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How to share /run/media/any-user mount points through NFS?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urcindalo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: How to share /run/media/any-user mount points through NFS? Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for reading this.

I use a mostly stable amd64 box, with only selected scientific ~amd64 packages, updated almost on a daily basis.

I've followed the tutorial NFSv4 on Gentoo Wiki and now I can share my /home user folders on other devices on my local network.

However, I'm not able to access the filesystems mounted under /run/media/any-user-name/mounted-drive

I've tried several tricks, including a symlink to /run/media in /home or in my own /home/username, to no avail.

I've also tried configuring /etc/exports and /etc/fsatb in different ways after --bind mounting /run/media under /export/media, but I won't explain them here since they didn't work and they could only confuse the nice perrson in you before helping me :lol:

How must I configure my system to be able to export the dynamic mount points created under /run/media/any-user as NFS shares?

Thanks in advance.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing it like /data in the wiki example
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: