.config/Trolltech.conf becomes huge; KDE nobbled
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: .config/Trolltech.conf becomes huge; KDE nobbled Reply with quote

As per the title: at some point, my $HOME/.config/Trolltech.conf became 42 MiB in size and KDE sessions hung with kded4 sucking RAM and swap and eventually crashing.

Now normally I'd bad-temperedly point at KDE and swear that this is the last straw again but ... my $HOME is NFS4-mounted and I login in from several computers simultaneously, which I imagine KDE4 is not designed to handle. So the question is: has anyone else encountered Trolltech.conf becoming suddenly huge, with a local-mounted $HOME and single login ?
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you have a look at Trolltech.conf to see what probably blows the file up? It's an ini file and human-readable (except the binary content Qt writes into it).
platojones
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the first I've ever heard of this file, but I noticed I have one too. I wonder if it's possible to just move it out of the way and see if it autogenerates again?
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: all fixed now Reply with quote

I deleted the huge file and thus was unable to examine its content. I doubt that the actual content was relevant anyway --- random data I'm sure.

I just replaced the file with one from a backup and all was OK. But I still plan to eliminate KDE.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: