[Solved][Gnome 3] Black screen after login
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hexorg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: [Solved][Gnome 3] Black screen after login Reply with quote

So I've stumbled upon something very odd. Usually if gdm works then gnome itself works too. But for some reason, gdm starts, and everything works fine. But when I log in, the screen just goes to sleep mode (no signal). I can still [ctrl]+[alt]+[f1..f6] to get to tty's. The screen will then wake up, and show appropriate console. But back to [f7], and it just goes to sleep again.

# cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
# systemctl
# dmesg

It's fairly odd. It was working fine, but then I went to winter holidays, came back, and it does this. I don't think I've updated or anything in between. I'm also fairly new to systemd, so I wasn't sure which logs to provide. This is stable gnome 3, and I used gnome 3.8 + systemd update guide to bring it up.

I tried #emerge --sync && emerge -Du world; revdep-rebuild; emerge @module-rebuild; it didn't help.

Does anyone have any idea why it won't start? Also, what kind of other information can I provide?

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason it was outputting signal over HDMI.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: