Some "gnome programs" don't display correctly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex6
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Some "gnome programs" don't display correctly Reply with quote

I'm currently not using gnome and don't have it installed, but there are some gnome programs I like to use, like eye of gnome, evince etc...

When I use them I have some strange grey and black lines, something hard to describe, but this will be more explicit :
http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1389897988.png

These are my usflags for media-gfx/eog ("the eye of gnome")
Code:
"exif introspection jpeg svg -debug -lcms -tiff -xmp"

Do you think I'm missing a flag / package ?
Have ever seen something similar ?

I don't have this kind of problem for any other gtk non-gnome apps.
potuz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lines seem like standard default bounding boxes of Gtk Widgets. I'd shoot that the "problem" (if any) is that eog and similar might have been tested with some common theme in /usr/share/themes like clearlooks or similar that you don't have in your system.

As a way of advertising: ever since stabilization of 3.8 I went back to X+fvwm with a light environment, and feh is my image viewer of choice (it used to be eog on Gnome), working like a charm.
alex6
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my actual theme is..guess what ?...Clearlooks XD (it's the default theme on openbox)
I also use feh to display a background...

Well about themes, I don't see any message complaining of a missing theme or anything...Actually, eog doesn't display any message in the terminal output...

All my other gtk apps display correctly...If it was a problem of themes, shouldn't it affect all gtk apps ?

Anyway, I'll try to install some gnome themes "packages" and will tell you if I see any change...

But if it really needs it, it should be a dependency, so in any case i guess there is a "problem" about it (even if it's a minor issue that doesn't stop the program to work) and maybe should be reported somewhere, right ?
potuz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex6 wrote:
Well my actual theme is..guess what ?...Clearlooks XD (it's the default theme on openbox)
I also use feh to display a background...

Well about themes, I don't see any message complaining of a missing theme or anything...Actually, eog doesn't display any message in the terminal output...

All my other gtk apps display correctly...If it was a problem of themes, shouldn't it affect all gtk apps ?

Anyway, I'll try to install some gnome themes "packages" and will tell you if I see any change...

But if it really needs it, it should be a dependency, so in any case i guess there is a "problem" about it (even if it's a minor issue that doesn't stop the program to work) and maybe should be reported somewhere, right ?

No no, the fact that you have clearlooks and similar should be enough to prove me wrong. But I still don't see anything really wrong in that picture, just a couple of empty GtkBox widgets, like if eog had some status bar in the bottom that shows nothing.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: