No audio service with bluetooth
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linux_matt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: No audio service with bluetooth Reply with quote

After a world update and kernel upgrade I can no longer use bluetooth for an audio connection (HTC One V). I can use blueman to pair the phone but I'm not sure the connection is maintained. I can't run up an audio service using blueman and gnome-bluetooth (nothing appears in pavucontrol; gnome-bluetooth doesn't offer an audio option) but this works out of the box with ubuntu (so no hardware issue). There are sometimes dbus errors in the gentoo terminal output such as

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blueman/bluez/utils.py", line 28, in warp
raise errors.parse_dbus_error(exception)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Unregister" with signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.NetworkServer" doesn't exist

Any clues as to what is going on here? Thanks
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According with /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf, a non root user have to be in the lp or plugdev group to be able to communicate with bluetooth devices. So, put your user in one of them. In plus, I did that in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
Code:
[General]
Enable=Control,Gateway,Headset,Media,Sink,Socket,Source
#Disable=Socket

to enable Bluetooth audio connexions. I made an entry in /etc/asound.conf for my Bluetooth headset using it's MAC address
Code:
pcm.bluetooth {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm {
                type bluetooth
                device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
                profile "auto"
                }
        }
        hint {
                show on
                description "Description"
        }
}

It's enough to use Bluetooth with Alsa, but I can use this entry to tell Pulseaudio to use my Bluetooth headset as one input/output device. In /etc/pulse/default.pa I have the line
Code:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=bluetooth

After every services have been (re)start and the headset are sink, I just ot have to switch to it using Pavucontrol. You can make Pulseaudio the default audio server for Alsa with $HOME/.asoundrc
Code:
pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}

pcm.!default {
    type pulse
}

ctl.!default {
    type pulse
}

In /etc/libao.conf
Code:
default_driver=pulse

You can make Pulseaudio the default server for almost all multimedia programs.

That's the way I use Bluetooth audio with Dbus, Alsa and Pulseaudio in Gentoo.
linux_matt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logicien wrote:
According with /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf, a non root user have to be in the lp or plugdev group to be able to communicate with bluetooth devices. So, put your user in one of them. In plus, I did that in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
Code:
[General]
Enable=Control,Gateway,Headset,Media,Sink,Socket,Source
#Disable=Socket

to enable Bluetooth audio connexions. I made an entry in /etc/asound.conf for my Bluetooth headset using it's MAC address
Code:
pcm.bluetooth {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm {
                type bluetooth
                device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
                profile "auto"
                }
        }
        hint {
                show on
                description "Description"
        }
}

It's enough to use Bluetooth with Alsa, but I can use this entry to tell Pulseaudio to use my Bluetooth headset as one input/output device. In /etc/pulse/default.pa I have the line
Code:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=bluetooth

After every services have been (re)start and the headset are sink, I just ot have to switch to it using Pavucontrol. You can make Pulseaudio the default audio server for Alsa with $HOME/.asoundrc
Code:
pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}

pcm.!default {
    type pulse
}

ctl.!default {
    type pulse
}

In /etc/libao.conf
Code:
default_driver=pulse

You can make Pulseaudio the default server for almost all multimedia programs.

That's the way I use Bluetooth audio with Dbus, Alsa and Pulseaudio in Gentoo.

Thank you for this detailed post. I can make progress on this basis: the sound on the phone cuts out, and the volume control switches to bluetooth. The remaining problem now is on the PC side where pulseaudio does not show a bluetooth connection and there is no sound. This line load-module module-alsa-sink device=bluetooth results in an error:

[pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-sink" (argument: "device=bluetooth"): initialization failed.
[pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
[pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon

...although pulseaudio is compiled with both alsa and bluetooth flags

bluetoothd output looks OK:

Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_connect_cb() AVDTP: connected transport channel to E8:99:C4:FC:69:41
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/a2dp.c:open_cfm() Sink 0xb7775610: Open_Cfm
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/source.c:stream_setup_complete() Stream successfully created
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/a2dp.c:setup_unref() 0xb777d468: ref=0
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/a2dp.c:setup_free() 0xb777d468
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_unref() 0xb7784ec0: ref=2
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_sep_set_state() stream state changed: CONFIGURED -> OPEN
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/avdtp.c:session_cb()
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_parse_cmd() Received GET_CAPABILITIES_CMD
Jan 10 14:04:02 mypc bluetoothd[9764]: audio/a2dp.c:endpoint_getcap_ind() Sink 0xb776de48: Get_Capability_Ind

Some relevant output from pulseaudio -vvv:

I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-udev-detect" (index: #6; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-jackdbus-detect.so': failure
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-bluetooth-policy.so': success
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-bluetooth-policy" (index: #7; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-bluetooth-discover.so': success
D: [pulseaudio] dbus-util.c: Successfully connected to D-Bus system bus 2abbe1c8d2e24875e9094cc552cf3f17 as :1.471
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-bluetooth-discover" (index: #8; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': failure
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #9; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-gconf.so': success
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-gconf" (index: #10; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
I: [pulseaudio] module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default sink 'alsa_output.pci-0000_00_09.0.analog-stereo'.
D: [pulseaudio] core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
I: [pulseaudio] module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default source 'alsa_input.pci-0000_00_09.0.analog-stereo'.
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #11; argument: "").
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #12; argument: "").
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-always-sink" (index: #13; argument: "").
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-intended-roles" (index: #14; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_09.0.analog-stereo becomes idle, timeout in 5 seconds.
D: [pulseaudio] module-suspend-on-idle.c: Source alsa_input.pci-0000_00_09.0.analog-stereo becomes idle, timeout in 5 seconds.
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #15; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-console-kit.so': success
I: [pulseaudio] client.c: Created 0 "ConsoleKit Session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session3"
D: [pulseaudio] module-console-kit.c: Added new session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session3
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-console-kit" (index: #16; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-systemd-login.so': failure
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-position-event-sounds" (index: #17; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] module-role-cork.c: Using role 'phone' as trigger role.
D: [pulseaudio] module-role-cork.c: Using roles 'music' and 'video' as cork roles.
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-role-cork" (index: #18; argument: "").
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-filter-heuristics" (index: #19; argument: "").
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-filter-apply" (index: #20; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-4.0/modules/module-dbus-protocol.so': success
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Memstats added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/memstats
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile1
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile2
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile3
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile4
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile5
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile6
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile7
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile8
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile9
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile10
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile11
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile12
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile13
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile14
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile15
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile16
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile17
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile18
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile19
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile20
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile21
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile22
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.CardProfile added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0/profile23
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Card added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/card0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/sink0/port0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/sink0/port1
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/sink0/port2
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/sink0/port3
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Device added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/sink0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Sink added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/sink0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Device added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Source added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source1/port0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source1/port1
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source1/port2
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source1/port3
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.DevicePort added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source1/port4
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Device added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source1
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Source added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/source1
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module1
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module2
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module3
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module4
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module5
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module6
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module7
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module8
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module9
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module10
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module11
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module12
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module13
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module14
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module15
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module16
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module17
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module18
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module19
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module20
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Client added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/client0
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1 added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-dbus-protocol" (index: #21; argument: "").
D: [pulseaudio] main.c: Got org.PulseAudio1!
D: [pulseaudio] main.c: Got org.pulseaudio.Server!
I: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup complete.
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
D: [pulseaudio] module-console-kit.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
D: [pulseaudio] protocol-dbus.c: Interface org.PulseAudio.Core1.Module added for object /org/pulseaudio/core1/module21
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/HFPAG on adapter /org/bluez/9764/hci0.
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/HFPHS on adapter /org/bluez/9764/hci0.
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource on adapter /org/bluez/9764/hci0.
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Registering /MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink on adapter /org/bluez/9764/hci0.
D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: yes
D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: Resuming all sinks and sources of card alsa_card.pci-0000_00_09.0.
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Device /org/bluez/9764/hci0/dev_E8_99_C4_FC_69_41 interface org.bluez.AudioSource property 'State' changed to value 'disconnected'
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Device /org/bluez/9764/hci0/dev_E8_99_C4_FC_69_41 interface org.bluez.HandsfreeGateway property 'State' changed to value 'disconnected'
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Device /org/bluez/9764/hci0/dev_E8_99_C4_FC_69_41 interface org.bluez.HandsfreeGateway property 'State' changed to value 'disconnected'
D: [pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Device /org/bluez/9764/hci0/dev_E8_99_C4_FC_69_41 interface org.bluez.Audio property 'State' changed to value 'disconnected'

Here is some pactl output:

$ pactl list modules

Module #0
Name: module-device-restore
Argument:
Usage counter: n/a
Properties:
module.author = "Lennart Poettering"
module.description = "Automatically restore the volume/mute state of devices"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #1
Name: module-stream-restore
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Automatically restore the volume/mute/device state of streams"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #2
Name: module-card-restore
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Automatically restore profile of cards"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #3
Name: module-augment-properties
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Augment the property sets of streams with additional static information"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #4
Name: module-switch-on-port-available
Argument:
Properties:

Module #5
Name: module-alsa-card
Argument: device_id="0" name="pci-0000_00_09.0" card_name="alsa_card.pci-0000_00_09.0" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"
Usage counter: 0
Properties:
module.description = "ALSA Card"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #6
Name: module-udev-detect
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Detect available audio hardware and load matching drivers"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #7
Name: module-bluetooth-policy
Argument:
Properties:
module.author = "Frédéric Dalleau"
module.description = "When a bluetooth sink or source is added, load module-loopback"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #8
Name: module-bluetooth-discover
Argument:
Properties:
module.author = "Joao Paulo Rechi Vita"
module.description = "Detect available bluetooth audio devices and load bluetooth audio drivers"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #9
Name: module-native-protocol-unix
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Native protocol (UNIX sockets)"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #10
Name: module-gconf
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "GConf Adapter"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #11
Name: module-default-device-restore
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Automatically restore the default sink and source"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #12
Name: module-rescue-streams
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "When a sink/source is removed, try to move their streams to the default sink/source"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #13
Name: module-always-sink
Argument:
Properties:
module.author = "Colin Guthrie"
module.description = "Always keeps at least one sink loaded even if it's a null one"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #14
Name: module-intended-roles
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Automatically set device of streams based of intended roles of devices"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #15
Name: module-suspend-on-idle
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "When a sink/source is idle for too long, suspend it"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #16
Name: module-console-kit
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Create a client for each ConsoleKit session of this user"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #17
Name: module-position-event-sounds
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Position event sounds between L and R depending on the position on screen of the widget triggering them."
module.version = "4.0"

Module #18
Name: module-role-cork
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Mute & cork streams with certain roles while others exist"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #19
Name: module-filter-heuristics
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Detect when various filters are desirable"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #20
Name: module-filter-apply
Argument:
Properties:
module.description = "Load filter sinks automatically when needed"
module.version = "4.0"

Module #21
Name: module-dbus-protocol
Argument:
Properties:
module.author = "Tanu Kaskinen"
module.description = "D-Bus interface"
module.version = "4.0"

Any ideas on how to solve that one? Thanks
linux_matt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly this is the issue?

ERROR:dbus.connection:Exception in handler for D-Bus signal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 230, in maybe_handle_message
self._handler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blueman/plugins/applet/PulseAudio.py", line 258, in on_source_prop_change
self.load_module(device, "path=%s address=%s profile=a2dp_source source_properties=device.icon_name=blueman card_properties=device.icon_name=blueman" % (device, d.Address))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blueman/plugins/applet/PulseAudio.py", line 236, in load_module
m.load(args, cb)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blueman/plugins/applet/PulseAudio.py", line 142, in load
load_cb)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blueman/main/PulseAudioUtils.py", line 568, in LoadModule
self.check_connected()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blueman/main/PulseAudioUtils.py", line 304, in check_connected
raise PANotConnected("Connection to PulseAudio daemon is not established")
PANotConnected: Connection to PulseAudio daemon is not established
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your host Bluetooth device is 'UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN' after you start the Bluetooth service when you execute the hciconfig -a command? ISCAN make the host device visible to remote ones. You may have to execute
Code:
hciconfig hci0 piscan

for that. Note that Blueman only show itself in the notification zone if the Bluetooth service is started.

Have you put your user in the plugdev group and restart your session? Have you make an entry in /etc/asound.conf with the MAC address of your Bluetooth device? Instead of device=bluetooth it can be
Code:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=pcm.bluetooth

I had those Python errors messages for Blueman before my user was in the plugdev group. To sink a Bluetooth device with your Bluetooth host, you can create a file call /var/lib/bluetooth/XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/pincodes. Just write the MAC address of your Bluetooth device and the pincode on one line like this
Code:
# MAC address pincode

XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX xxxx

and restart the Bluetooth service. Your Bluetooth device should be able to sink with the Bluetooth host without Blueman. This are the main packages I emerge for Bluetooth
Code:
equery l *blue*
 * Searching for *blue* ...
[IP-] [  ] net-wireless/blueman-1.23-r2:0
[IP-] [  ] net-wireless/bluez-4.101-r8:0
[IP-] [  ] net-wireless/bluez-hcidump-2.5:0
[IP-] [  ] sys-firmware/bluez-firmware-1.2:0

Those USE flags related with Bluetooth are enabled globally in /etc/portage/make.conf
Code:
alsa bluetooth dbus gvfs obex pulseaudio udev udisks

linux_matt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again, I'll take a look and post back on the results

Logicien wrote:
Is your host Bluetooth device is 'UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN' after you start the Bluetooth service when you execute the hciconfig -a command? ISCAN make the host device visible to remote ones. You may have to execute
Code:
hciconfig hci0 piscan

for that. Note that Blueman only show itself in the notification zone if the Bluetooth service is started.

Have you put your user in the plugdev group and restart your session? Have you make an entry in /etc/asound.conf with the MAC address of your Bluetooth device? Instead of device=bluetooth it can be
Code:

I had those Python errors messages for Blueman before my user was in the plugdev group. To sink a Bluetooth device with your Bluetooth host, you can create a file call /var/lib/bluetooth/XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/pincodes. Just write the MAC address of your Bluetooth device and the pincode on one line like this
Code:
# MAC address pincode

and restart the Bluetooth service. Your Bluetooth device should be able to sink with the Bluetooth host without Blueman. This are the main packages I emerge for Bluetooth
Code:
equery l *blue*

Those USE flags related with Bluetooth are enabled globally in /etc/portage/make.conf
Code:
linux_matt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combination that worked is in .asoundrc:

pcm.bluetooth {
type bluetooth
device xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx
profile "auto"
}

where xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx is the MAC address of the smartphone

and in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf:

Enable=Control,Gateway,Headset,Media,Sink,Source
Disable=Socket

linux_matt wrote:
Thank you again, I'll take a look and post back on the results

Logicien wrote:
Code:
hciconfig hci0 piscan

Code:

Code:
# MAC address pincode

Code:
equery l *blue*

Code:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: