View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ese002
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Cannot login with gdm 3.8.4-r3 Reply with quote

Pain from Gnome 3/systemd "upgrade"

I can autologin fine. However, if I log off and try to login again, an authentication messages flashes before being covered by an opaque window. From that point, I can't even get to the user list to make another attempt. I have disabled the screen lock because I get the same problem there so the first time the screen blanks, my session would be inaccessible.

Turning on debug in gdm gives this message, I think, from the failure:

Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm[3723]: GdmSessionWorker: PAM conversation returning 19: Conversation error
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm[3723]: GdmSessionWorker: authentication returned 3: Error in service module
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm[3723]: GdmSessionWorker: uninitializing PAM
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm-password]: pam_tally2(gdm-password:auth): pam_get_uid; user?
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm-password]: pam_nologin(gdm-password:auth): cannot determine username
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm-password]: gkr-pam: couldn't get the user name: Conversation error
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm-password]: gkr-pam: couldn't get the user name: Conversation error
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm[3723]: GdmSessionWorker: state NONE
Jan 4 21:55:11 crab gdm[3723]: GdmSessionWorker: Unable to verify user

What is really odd, is that if I select "other" and then login the same user, it works fine!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: