Fail2ban and jail.local
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l33tmmx
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Fail2ban and jail.local Reply with quote

I'm having a slight problem with fail2ban and emails it sends. On one server with the problem I'm using only the [ssh-iptables] jail. Earlier, when I - against the instructions - modified the /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf itself and replaced the default dest= email address with my correct one, it worked as expected and sent me an email when the jail was started and stopped. But after the latest update to 0.8.11 I decided to do things as instructed, copied the [ssh-iptables]-part to /etc/fail2ban/jail.local and put my modifications there. Now, I get in addition to the correct email, a warning in my mailbox that a similar email has been sent to you@example.com (i.e. the default mail address in the unmodified jail.conf).

Shouldn't the jail.local override everything in the jail.conf, or have I understood something completely wrong? Should I go back to the wrong way of modifying jail.conf itself?

Follow me on Twitter
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: