avr-gcc gone ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whams
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: avr-gcc gone ? Reply with quote

the crossdev compiler avr-gcc seems to have disappeared from portage and I didn't find any elog message explaning what's going on and what should be done - is there anyone who can tell what's the current status of avr-gcc and related tools ?
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seemed to have changed avr-gcc so that it's actually a crossdev "target" that will make its own overlay with crossdev instead of a custom ebuild. So the resultant binary is still avr-gcc but it's built with crossdev.

So emerge crossdev --target avr should build latest gcc and binutils. I forget if it will automatically pick up avr-libc but I think it will...

Note: I have not tried this recently (within the past 2 years or so, but I did see my old avr toolchain that I never upgraded go away) and may be talking out of my posterior, but I highly doubt that AVR would be removed...
whams
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SOLVED]
That (`crossdev -v -t avr`) is exactly what I did, and I also performed a /etc/profile directly afterwards (according to the history file).
After checking environment settings this morning (and changing nothing) I gave it one more try - and this time it "just" worked.
No idea what went wrong yesterday.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: