volume notification with x11-libs/libnotify
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potuz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: volume notification with x11-libs/libnotify Reply with quote

Alright, the stabilization of Gnome 3.8 made me realize what I should've done a while back: getting rid of a DE and go back to just X + FVWM. What I do miss though is the nice integration with the notification-daemon. I now have x11-libs/libnotify and x11-misc/notification-daemon installed and working (notify-send will show a dialog with nicely formated icons and such). My keybindings of XF86AudioRaiseVolume to commands like "amixer set Master 10%+" and such work fine. What I'd like is just a simple script that takes care of the "amixer" command plus putting the right icon (say something like "audio-volume-*-symbolic.svg" from the gnome default theme) via notification-daemon or anything similar. Its a simple thing to type, but I thought people must've done this before so I guess I'm asking in the right place: is there such an applet already made?

Incidentally, if someone here is reading this and knows how to set up Mutt to integrate with libnotify to display a bubble on incoming mail, I'd be thankful (since getting rid of Gnome I also left evolution and went back to mutt).
PaulBredbury
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a simple method I use, to change & notify volume.
potuz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBredbury wrote:
Here's a simple method I use, to change & notify volume.
Thanks, that's smarter than what I'm using now (Essentially the same thing but without the % volume and changing the icons).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: