Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Video break-through on LXDE desktop from browser plug-ins.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gentek
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Video break-through on LXDE desktop from browser plug-ins. Reply with quote

This is in the nature of a grumble rather than a complaint, but I'd be interested to know if others are experiencing similar problems.

I'm running a fairly standard LXDE install with eight desktops, and use Opera as my main browser. Whenever I open a web page containing a video plugin, I often get video interference on ALL desktops from the video plug-in on the Opera desktop. This can even happen when the plug-in has been scrolled off-screen; it apparently does not recognize screen limits.

The interference consists of what appears to be an ANDing or ORing of the video data to produce typical colour and intensity modulation.

I've not tied this down to specific plug-ins, browsers, Desktop Environments or whatever since I'm unsure of its ubiquity. If others have experienced this problem, I'd appreciate their dropping a note in here so I can gauge the extent of the problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: