Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Merry Christmas 2013
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Merry Christmas 2013 Reply with quote

Everybody - what's Santa got you ?
_________________
Easy .. easy .. easy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komplete Audio 6 from Native Instruments. A 24 bit external sound card/midi + instrument interface.

Plus a lot of bills for the gifts my wife & daughter received.




Also, huge smile and warm feelings. Merry Christmas, John-Boy.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mardok45
n00b
n00b


Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Right behind you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A corncob pipe with some tobacco and a big jug of whiskey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 84
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tide of Iron board game (Holy smokes! WWII squad level tactical game hex grid style that reminds me of what I think Advanced Squad Leader is like except with really high quality boards and pieces.) No expansions yet, but Stalingrad is right up my alley. Mass T-34s here we come!
_________________
Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. -Moshe Dayan

Juniper wrote:
I fail to see the relevance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 456
Location: /US/Georgia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Komplete Audio 6 from Native Instruments. A 24 bit external sound card/midi + instrument interface.

Plus a lot of bills for the gifts my wife & daughter received.




Also, huge smile and warm feelings. Merry Christmas, John-Boy.
I have Elements, some cool sounds in there. Want to get the full package one of these days. After I get a new job, maybe. Still debating. What kind of midi keyboard or controller are you using? I've got an m-audio that works quite well and was very little $
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas.
_________________
There is no guarantee a stupid Dalai Lama won’t come next -- Dalai Lama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koala Kid
Guru
Guru


Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for my brand new Canon 6D with Canon 17-40 lens. Kinda affraid that in the end I'm going to purchase it by myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
Muso wrote:
Komplete Audio 6 from Native Instruments. A 24 bit external sound card/midi + instrument interface.

Plus a lot of bills for the gifts my wife & daughter received.




Also, huge smile and warm feelings. Merry Christmas, John-Boy.
I have Elements, some cool sounds in there. Want to get the full package one of these days. After I get a new job, maybe. Still debating. What kind of midi keyboard or controller are you using? I've got an m-audio that works quite well and was very little $


I'm using an M-Audio Axiom Air 25, but I think I'll upgrade to a Nektar Panorama p4.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 524
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An espresso machine. I was getting tired of instant coffee :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2033
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the money back I spent on gifts.

and lots of drama
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aCOSwt
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 2537
Location: Hilbert space

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas!

I got plenty of marvelous unexpected gifts, among which : The absence of my mother-in-law! 8)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 236
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas everyone, even the brown heathens that worship multiple deities. But not to you god mockers out there. You know who you are. :wink:

Santa brought me This T Shirt. Well, not that one, but one that looks identical. And a small box of chocolate.

Nice Santa.
_________________
Irony is asking government to fix the problems it caused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't mock what doesn't exist. We mock believers :P


Merry Capitalist Day with pagan inspired rituals! And may your oddly placed day of observance of the birth of your savior be equally odd!
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This

And some gift cards.
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmitchell wrote:
This

And some gift cards.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice!
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blackadder Christmas Special

A nice variation from the Dickens tale.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1570
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothes, a couple gift cards, and a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit.

Also got banged up from sledding on the ice-covered hill with my nephews and nieces. There was an inch-thick layer of ice on top of the snow, and it was fast as heck. No control either, with gravity taking over. I hit a tree once, and another time I ended up wiping out and doing a sort of cart-wheel that ended with my head and shoulder punching a hole through the ice. Great fun, though.
_________________
Deja Moo: the feeling that you've heard this bull before
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2033
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Clothes, a couple gift cards, and a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit.

Also got banged up from sledding on the ice-covered hill with my nephews and nieces. There was an inch-thick layer of ice on top of the snow, and it was fast as heck. No control either, with gravity taking over. I hit a tree once, and another time I ended up wiping out and doing a sort of cart-wheel that ended with my head and shoulder punching a hole through the ice. Great fun, though.


how old are your nieces?
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1570
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Clothes, a couple gift cards, and a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit.

Also got banged up from sledding on the ice-covered hill with my nephews and nieces. There was an inch-thick layer of ice on top of the snow, and it was fast as heck. No control either, with gravity taking over. I hit a tree once, and another time I ended up wiping out and doing a sort of cart-wheel that ended with my head and shoulder punching a hole through the ice. Great fun, though.


how old are your nieces?

12 and 18.
_________________
Deja Moo: the feeling that you've heard this bull before
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 656
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to buy myself another gift, so I bought some new Sennhesier headphones this morning from BestBuy. I wanted better, "studio" headphones instead of my standard ones. They had all of the "Beatz" headphones on display, but I'll trust German engineers above Dr. Dre.
_________________
I, for one, am glad to be living on a planet with 776x the mass of the super-massive black hole at the center of the milky way just to keep Neptune in its daily orbit around the Earth.
auf alten Schiffen lernt man Segeln.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2033
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Clothes, a couple gift cards, and a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit.

Also got banged up from sledding on the ice-covered hill with my nephews and nieces. There was an inch-thick layer of ice on top of the snow, and it was fast as heck. No control either, with gravity taking over. I hit a tree once, and another time I ended up wiping out and doing a sort of cart-wheel that ended with my head and shoulder punching a hole through the ice. Great fun, though.


how old are your nieces?

12 and 18.


you are lucky that I am not a spaniard. So two more years... muhahahaha...
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum