Black background in kde when trying to change the background
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donald3.heckel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Black background in kde when trying to change the background Reply with quote

Hello,

I wanted to change my background and had trouble while doing so. In this case, I managed to change the background by going into /usr/share/wallpapers/elarun/contents/images and renaming 2560x1200.png into 2560x1200.png.old and moving the desired background into that directory with the name of 2560x1200.png and managed to make the background into the desired wallpaper with this workaround. I also tried a few other techniques in KDE forums and accidentally deleted what was in a nearby directory due to what the forums said. When the screen turned black, I undid the .old filename and put the blue elarun background back into place. The screen remained black. I would like to get the black background out of the way and learn a better method for changing the wallpaper in my desktop while preventing this from happening again.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

donald3.heckel
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: