lxc build from sources
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjcoss
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: lxc build from sources Reply with quote

I would like to create a live ebuild for LXC, and I stumbled upon an issue and figured I ask here for assistance. In the LXC configure script, if you try to build the python3 api, it does a pkg-config python3, which on my system fails. It is not that I don't have python3 installed but rather that in my pkgconfig directory, I have python-3.3.pc, and python-3.2.pc but no python3.pc.

So a couple of questions -
1) Shouldn't there be a python3.pc which is a symlink to python3.3 or 3.2 depending on which one is "the default python3"
2) Shouldn't there be a python2.pc for similar reasons
3) Shouldn't there be a python.pc

In the absence of those, what is the correct way to modify the script

Since it's checking to see that you have at least python3.2, looking for python-3.2.pc might work it could also fail if the person *only* has 3.3 installed. Should it be changed to something like pkg-config $(eselect python show --python3) but even that doesn't work since it returns python3.X not python-3.X. Nothing that a sed script couldn't fix but is there a better way?

Seems like this is something that could be managed with eselect python, along with the other symlinks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: