Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Any workaround for nvidia-drivers on dom0 Xen Kernel ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wichtounet
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Any workaround for nvidia-drivers on dom0 Xen Kernel ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to run my Gentoo installation as dom0 kernel, but I'm experiencing issues with the nvidia-drivers. I know that they are not officially supported on dom0 kernel, but it seems that some people have been able to make them run. However, I haven't had any success :(

I've installed Xen 4.3.1.

I've tried the versions 331 and 334 of nvidia-drivers.

I've tried with the kernel 3.10.25 and the kernel 3.13.13. In both cases, the symptoms are the same, once I boot in dom0, once NVidia starts, the monitors go black.

I tried the procedure with building the nvidia drivers using IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE=y, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I know that I could use nouveau, but nouveau is not powerful enough to handle my three monitors. It takes several times longer to boot and I'm experiencing a lot of flickering. Moreover, it does not seem to like my 2560x1440 monitor. I've tried nouveau of 3.13.3, but with this version, I never succeeded to boot in graphics mode, I had issue with drm not detecting any device in dom0 mode.

Does anyone know of any workaround for this ?

Thanks for any suggestion
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: