[SOLVED]No netwrok on freshly installed gentoo in virtualbox
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
initium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED]No netwrok on freshly installed gentoo in virtualbox Reply with quote

I used the newest installation source to install a 64bit gentoo linux on a virtualbox virtual machine. The VM is set up with all default settings (which specifies the network adapter to be Intl Pro/1000, and this model is also the only related result in
Code:
lspci
). The installation followed the complete guide handbook for amd64 architecture on the website. The system is defined to use systemd, and all additional instructions about systemd are followed. The livecd system can connect to internet without problem, and I have compiled all drivers of the three net-related hardware mentioned in the
Code:
dmesg
of livecd system startup (Atheros L2, Intel Pro/1000, JMicron) into modules and auto-load them.

I noticed that dmesg says the network interface has been renamed to "enp0s3" and I made changes to
Code:
/etc/init.d/net.lo
accordingly. I also noticed that in the livecd system where the network worked,
Code:
/etc/conf.d/net
is actually not set up, but I found that it makes no difference for me to comment/uncomment dhcp setting in my file.

I've looked through a lot of similar posts but none of the solutions worked for me.

I've also tried to start over from beginning and the problem always exists.

Please help, thanks.

UPDATE:

I can start network by using dhcpcd
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: