Asus-laptop - Black TTY's and shutdown
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sPHERE911
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Asus-laptop - Black TTY's and shutdown Reply with quote

Hi,

didnt know where to post this, but here goes:

I have a Asus Zenbook UX51vz (the one with 'retina'display and plain nvidia graphics, no bumblebee!).

Im using rEFInd and nvidia-drivers-325.15 (although I have tested with older ones too).

The problem is that whenever I want to ctrl-alt-f1 to a VT, or resuming from suspend/hibernation, the screen goes blank/black. It obviously works in the background, as I can reboot with ctrl-alt-delete.

I have tried using both vesa and nouveau to see if it's a nvidia issue, but none of these drivers work on my system and simply gives me "No screens found (EE)", no matter how I can configure my Xorg.conf.

I have heard about this in the past, but didn't think it was gonna be a problem.

I have switched from grub-efi to rEFInd, because I've heard there was some issues on some computers with grub setting the wrong gfxmode.

Howeveer, I've set refind to use my native 2880x1620 resolution and works fine, but the problem remains.

EDIT:

After the update to Nvidia 331.17, I can now switch back to my X screen if I ctrl-alt-f1 to a console. The screen remains totally blank/black when in the terminal though, but I can atleast switch back to X, which I couldnt before.
sPHERE911
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: