How to compile and patch Wine 1.7.1 on Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chromaf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: How to compile and patch Wine 1.7.1 on Gentoo Reply with quote

Can somebody that already did provide a list of depencencies to compile Wine 1.7.1 from source in Gentoo ? I am really interested in to getting it compiled with the patches to test the massive performance on D3D/Opengl. Not just on games but on other apps using Opengl !!

To make it compile we should have a list of dependencies ( the name of the ebuilds ) to make it compile .. that's the hardest part as names of packages change from dist to dist.

Any help will be much much appreciated !

Thank you !
simon_irl
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo's already at 1.7.4 in testing. The patches are listed in the ebuild.
Code:
equery g wine-1.7.4
shows the dependency graph. If you want the older version specifically for some reason, it's not in portage. Google local portage overlays: you can modify one of the close (1.7.0 or 1.7.3) ebuilds to use your 1.7.1 source tarball, and apply whatever patches you want.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect they are referring to the D3D command stream patches for testing, which are to be applied against version 1.7.1.

Anyblue, if you built Wine before, you should have the dependencies in check, I think? I'd also suggest making friends with git and using it for playing with Wine like this.
fpemud
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wine ebuild supports epatch_user. Using this mechanism should be the easiest way.
chromaf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the GIT source code with the patches applied, the configure phase goes pretty well but then I have a crash on the compile phase :

Code:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cf/Downloads/wine-1.7.1-d3dstream_patches-gentoo_compat_patches-master/wine64/dlls/dxguid'
    make: *** No rule to make target `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/ntoskrnl.exe.spec', needed by `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/libntoskrnl.exe.def'.  Stop

Pastebin :

http://pastebin.com/vRZpUVH1
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chromaf wrote:
I downloaded the GIT source code with the patches applied, the configure phase goes pretty well but then I have a crash on the compile phase :

Code:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cf/Downloads/wine-1.7.1-d3dstream_patches-gentoo_compat_patches-master/wine64/dlls/dxguid'
    make: *** No rule to make target `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/ntoskrnl.exe.spec', needed by `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/libntoskrnl.exe.def'.  Stop

Pastebin :

http://pastebin.com/vRZpUVH1

As far as I can tell, the particular sources seem to be missing files, namely everything under dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/, and that's a show stopper (I would not call it a crash; files simply aren't there that are expected to be... there).

That doesn't seem to be the only issues that source has, but I could just be doing it wrong!

So, like mentioned above, I'd recommend either modifying an ebuild to suit your wants, or using git (which I'll talk more about in a reply to another one of your posts).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: