Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
The British War on Women
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: The British War on Women Reply with quote

Quote:
The global gap between men and women has narrowed slightly, according to a report published by the World Economic Forum (WEF). Britain remains in 18th position out of 136 countries, behind Cuba, Lesotho and South Africa.
Quote:
Despite a significant improvement in the majority of countries sampled, the UK’s score has barely changed since the first report was compiled in 2006. In fact, the Guardian reports that the country has received “a lower score for political empowerment [resulting in] a slight fall in gender equality since David Cameron became prime minister”.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/55765/world-gender-gap-narrows-britain-static
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaginoplasty is the best bet to narrow a woman's gap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://largelabiaproject.org/ <--- nsfw
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loose lips sink ships.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16138
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFW summary
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2041
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brits on 18, USA on 23. So if there is a 'british war on women' what do you call the US shenanigans? gynocide?
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
brits on 18, USA on 23. So if there is a 'british war on women' what do you call the US shenanigans? gynocide?

Tu Quoque, right Naib? Zomg. :roll:
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2041
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
brits on 18, USA on 23. So if there is a 'british war on women' what do you call the US shenanigans? gynocide?

Tu Quoque, right Naib? Zomg. :roll:


no,
Matthew 7.3:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
brits on 18, USA on 23. So if there is a 'british war on women' what do you call the US shenanigans? gynocide?

Tu Quoque, right Naib? Zomg. :roll:


no,
Matthew 7.3:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
Yay. Jesus made a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 759
Location: EU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".


while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".


while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.

You have missed my point entirely.

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 759
Location: EU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".


while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.

You have missed my point entirely.

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.


well, ok. I don't know what you two were discussing where tu quoque was being slung recklessly, so i can't comment. It is a fallacy, but context is needed.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2041
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".


while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.

You have missed my point entirely.

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.


The initial claim was that the brits are especially evil. That has been refuted showing that among the G20 they aren't so bad at all.

Now to the really interessting point: Germany is the 'best' among the G20 countries. So why is it good for economic success to subjugate women?

Feel free to make suggestions.
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
The initial claim was that the brits are especially evil.

Where did you get that from? The initial claim was that Britain is not improving, while the world overall is. I equated this to a British War on Women (to elicit a well-justified and useful tu quoque, as a means of demonstrating that tu quoque isn't so illogical after all, compared to nonsense like strawmen such as this and such as come out of Naib's pie-hole every time he opens it). :P

energyman76b wrote:
... among the G20 they aren't so bad at all.

Now to the really interessting point: Germany is the 'best' among the G20 countries. So why is it good for economic success to subjugate women?

ZOMG energyman76b's war on women!
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 4476
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".


while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.

You have missed my point entirely.

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.
if only you used it for clarification of context & so a better understanding of the data was ysed . instead you persistently use such tactics to divert critism away from a topic you are trying to defend
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Unable to parse.

British War on Women. How is it even possible that Britain is making no progress in this regard when you are ruled by a queen? :lol:
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your ex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your cucumber.
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
brits on 18, USA on 23. So if there is a 'british war on women' what do you call the US shenanigans? gynocide?

Tu Quoque, right Naib? Zomg. :roll:


no,
Matthew 7.3:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Jesus was a fictional character conceived by Flavians to subvert jews and pacify the militant resistance movements in Judea.
And all the lemmings who spawned off the roman heritage are still deluded.
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2041
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
The initial claim was that the brits are especially evil.

Where did you get that from?


context. You headline singling out britain and calling their ranking a 'war against women'.
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Ask your cucumber.
Straw man.

OK, I'll ask your ex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".


while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.

You have missed my point entirely.

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.
if only you used it for clarification of context & so a better understanding of the data was ysed . instead you persistently use such tactics to divert critism away from a topic you are trying to defend

No, I persistently use such tactics to say, "shut the fuck up, you're in no position to criticize".
_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 4476
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".


while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.

You have missed my point entirely.

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.
if only you used it for clarification of context & so a better understanding of the data was ysed . instead you persistently use such tactics to divert critism away from a topic you are trying to defend

No, I persistently use such tactics to say, "shut the fuck up, you're in no position to criticize".

Which is exactly what a tu qouque, thanks for confirming this for all as well as showing you hand at your attempted to mislead others to your true intent.

The fact you see there is a need to tell someone to shut the fuck up AND as justification to dispatch a tu quoque is equally concerning. We are all in a position to criticize a topic at hand in its current context. NONE of us were involved in any of what has been discussed; if you were and thus slightly justifying the childish reactions you have, then you are a bigger pillock than I have given you credit for
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1579
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and use your brain rather than mindlessly spewing redundant hot air. As I said earlier:
Quote:
Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true).

_________________
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. -- Abba Eban
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum