View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
But he personally took out bin Laden.

if you want to take that stance then Obama wasn't responsible for 9/11 and thus America executed an innocent man :wink:

Strawman.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Naib wrote:
if you want to take that stance then Obama wasn't responsible for 9/11 and thus America executed an innocent man :wink:
Quoted for posterity.

Obama bin Laden. :lol:
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Strawman.
not at all. However, what I am seeing from you is a hypocritical application of a logical stance.

If Obama is to be credited, at some level, with taking out Osama Bin Laden THEN OSB can be credited, at some level, with the 9/11 and other terrorist attacks.
IF Obama cannot be credited with anything todo with taking out OSB then OSB cannot be credited with 9/11 attack or other terrorist attacks.

You cannot use a logical stance in a particular way because it conforms to your conformational bias while at the same time dismissing its exact same application because it does not conform with your bias.
the table is made from wood. forget what you learnt, the table is made from carbon. forget what you learnt, the table is made from protons. forget what you learnt, the table is made from quarks. forget what you learnt, the table is good for shagging on
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

Strawman.
not at all. However, what I am seeing from you is a hypocritical application of a logical stance.

If Obama is to be credited, at some level, with taking out Osama Bin Laden THEN OSB can be credited, at some level, with the 9/11 and other terrorist attacks.

You are just detailing out your strawman for everybody to see. Thank for you doing so, but it was already pretty self-evident. :lol:
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not at all, your conformational bias blinds you to anything thats questions your preconceptions.
go back and read the threads ridiculing that obama had anything todo with the execution and then understand
the table is made from wood. forget what you learnt, the table is made from carbon. forget what you learnt, the table is made from protons. forget what you learnt, the table is made from quarks. forget what you learnt, the table is good for shagging on
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another strawman. You're on a roll.

I never said Obama had nothing to do with bin Laden's execution. I said mcgruff's claims that he "personally led" the effort to take him out and was "deeply involved in every detail of the mission" were absurd, which they were. I also said that the White House similarly overplayed his involvement, which they did. Saying a person is "to be credited at some level" is a major bastardization of the claim that someone "personally led" or "was deeply involved at every level". They are not the same thing. Moreover, my statements in those early threads were born out by the facts as they emerged. Obama and the White House were roundly criticized for attempting to overstate his role in it.

Furthermore, I personally never made any claim about bin Laden's responsibility for 9/11, a claim which your argument attributes to me through the accusation of "hypocrisy".

Your strawmen are weak and obvious. This heavy reliance on strawmen is characteristic of a pubescent level of argumentation. It's what junior high school kids do. You design power systems; you must be capable of better. :?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: