State of SLI in Linux?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
statikregimen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: State of SLI in Linux? Reply with quote

While this is more of a general Linux question (not Gentoo specific), I post this here because I would like to abandon Windows (again) very soon (tomorrow), now that Valve is making Linux a viable gaming platform, and I will be returning to Gentoo, of course :D So, I'm hoping someone can comment on the state of SLI support and performance in Linux these days. I assume if you're responding to this, you're using SLI in Gentoo? While I would love to trade in my 570s for a shiny new 780, money is tight right now and any cheaper option would be a downgrade, near as I can tell from the benchmarks.

I did, of course, search these fine forums and Google before posting. Google resulted in a lot of very old discussion that painted a pretty bleak picture, but not a whole lot of recent information.

Thanks in advance for any input! Cheers.
statikregimen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleh..no replies =/ I probably put this in the wrong category, as it is more hardware related than gaming.

AAANNNYway...I reply to proudly announce that I'm going ahead with the install regardless :) I'm confident that Nvidia will improve their drivers in due time, and there aren't a whole lot of games (that I own) for Linux on Steam, right now, that need the full force of my SLI. Frankly, I mainly play HL2DM, anyway :)

Still, if anybody has insight/advice on SLI, I appreciate it!
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my insight, get some junky 20 dollar matching cards and test and report. nvidia cracked & has devs working on nouveau now....
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: