spidermonkey fails to cross-compile - make jscpucfg fails
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemarcano
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: spidermonkey fails to cross-compile - make jscpucfg fails Reply with quote

More cross-compilation problems!

Below is a snippit of the build log when the problem happens. I tried, just in case, making sure that this wasn't a parallelism issue by making MAKEOPTS="-j1", but that didn't help.
Code:
invoking /usr/bin/gmake to create js17-config script
rm -f js17-config.tmp
/usr/bin/python2.7 ./config/Preprocessor.py --marker="%" -Dprefix="/usr" -Dexec_prefix="/usr" -Dincludedir="/usr/include" -Dlibdir="/usr/lib" -DMODULE="js-17.0" -DMOZILLA_VERSION="17.0.4esrpre" -DLIBRARY_NAME="mozjs-17.0" -DJS_CONFIG_LIBS="-Wl,-version-script,symverscript -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl -ldl  -lm -lz -ldl" -DJS_CONFIG_MOZ_JS_LIBS="-L/usr/lib -lmozjs-17.0" -DMOZJS_MAJOR_VERSION="17" -DMOZJS_MINOR_VERSION="0" -DMOZJS_PATCH_VERSION="4esrpre" -DMOZJS_ALPHA="" -DNSPR_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/nspr" -DNSPR_PKGCONF_CHECK="nspr >= 4.9.2" js-config.in > js17-config.tmp \
&& mv js17-config.tmp js17-config && chmod +x js17-config
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /usr/armv6zk-hardfloat-linux-gnueabihf/tmp/portage/dev-lang/spidermonkey-17.0.0-r1/work/mozjs17.0.0 ...
make: *** No rule to make target `jscpucfg'.  Stop.

It seems src_compile in the ebuild has some interesting code for cross-compilation:
Code:
src_compile() {
    cd "${BUILDDIR}"
+   if tc-is-cross-compiler; then
+      make CFLAGS="" CXXFLAGS="" \
+         CC=$(tc-getBUILD_CC) CXX=$(tc-getBUILD_CXX) \
+         jscpucfg host_jsoplengen host_jskwgen || die
+      make CFLAGS="" CXXFLAGS="" \
+         CC=$(tc-getBUILD_CC) CXX=$(tc-getBUILD_CXX) \
+         -C config nsinstall || die
+      mv {,native-}jscpucfg
+      mv {,native-}host_jskwgen
+      mv {,native-}host_jsoplengen
+      mv config/{,native-}nsinstall
+      sed -e 's@./jscpucfg@./native-jscpucfg@' \
+         -e 's@./host_jskwgen@./native-host_jskwgen@' \
+         -e 's@./host_jsoplengen@./native-host_jsoplengen@' \
+         -i Makefile
+      sed -e 's@/nsinstall@/native-nsinstall@' -i config/config.mk
+      rm config/host_nsinstall.o \
+         config/host_pathsub.o \
+         host_jskwgen.o \
+         host_jsoplengen.o
+   fi
    emake || die
 }

This was introduced as a solution for bug 414473. I don't think jscpucfg exists anymore. After tweaking the ebuild slightly to accomodate for the nonexistence of jscpucfg, the cross-compilation goes further, but then crashes with:
Code:
make[1]: *** [jsalloc.o] Error 1"

The output was a pain to parse, so I did a grep for errors, and got the following:
Code:
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert7' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert12' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert39' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert40' is negative
./gc/Heap.h:751:41: error: size of array 'padding' is too large
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert41' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert48' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert74' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert76' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert83' is negative
./dist/include/mozilla/Assertions.h:111:90: error: size of array 'moz_static_assert101' is negative
make[1]: *** [jsalloc.o] Error 1
make: *** [default] Error 2

I'm not sure how to proceed. I've found some mentions of similar issues online (like here), but I don't know if that applies, or what to do regarding this situation. It seems spidermonkey is extremely sensitive to cross-compilation, at least through the use of crossdev. I even applied the patch suggested by the mozilla bug report (which really just adds padding) and I still get the same errors I'm repoting above. Any input would be appreciated!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: