Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Funniest Letterman Interview: John Cleese
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Funniest Letterman Interview: John Cleese Reply with quote

Brilliant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q0q_dZTz-s
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbassie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 31 May 2013
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see your Cleese and I'll raise you an Ollie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPXMHZ4XEs0

BTW, could somebody please explain to me how Letterman is in any way amusing, witty, interesting or otherwise worthwhile/famous/successful? That is other than doing the extremely important job of compiling lists of unamusing anythings which nobody else in the world would bother with. Equal precisely to the people who produce cartoons which Disney forgot to draw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:
I'll see your Cleese and I'll raise you an Ollie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPXMHZ4XEs0

BTW, could somebody please explain to me how Letterman is in any way amusing, witty, interesting or otherwise worthwhile/famous/successful? That is other than doing the extremely important job of compiling lists of unamusing anythings which nobody else in the world would bother with. Equal precisely to the people who produce cartoons which Disney forgot to draw.
I posted that the other day. Reed was about to beat the shit out of him
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbassie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 31 May 2013
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I missed it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16704

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:
BTW, could somebody please explain to me how Letterman is in any way amusing, witty, interesting or otherwise worthwhile/famous/successful?
That was along the lines of what I was thinking when I read Cleese in the title.

As for Letterman, he used to do some amusing skits in the earlier years. My favorite of all time were probably Hal Gurnee's Network Time Killers. They were done during a writer's strike. They were usually odd, and sometimes didn't go well. This is one, and a good example of not going well. The Top 10 List had its moments from time to time as well.
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
mrbassie wrote:
BTW, could somebody please explain to me how Letterman is in any way amusing, witty, interesting or otherwise worthwhile/famous/successful?
That was along the lines of what I was thinking when I read Cleese in the title.

As for Letterman, he used to do some amusing skits in the earlier years. My favorite of all time were probably Hal Gurnee's Network Time Killers. They were done during a writer's strike. They were usually odd, and sometimes didn't go well. This is one, and a good example of not going well. The Top 10 List had its moments from time to time as well.
you didn't find John Cleese funny? He's a funny guy
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16704

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he's annoying. He plays the same character in just about everything I've seen him in (which granted is limited, because he's annoying).
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
No, he's annoying. He plays the same character in just about everything I've seen him in (which granted is limited, because he's annoying).
Then you should watch "A Fish Called Wanda", he plays a completely normal character in that. Kevin Kline won an Oscar for it (he plays an anglophobe) and it's one of the funniest films ever - especially Michael Palin.

For an example of John Cleese playing a straight character in it watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBt-nirXQDE
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16704

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen parts of Fish, and I had to stop watching. I can't tell you who or why. That it has 3 actors from Python is possibly an indicator. Since Cleese is in it, there's a good chance that was at least part of it.
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
I've seen parts of Fish, and I had to stop watching. I can't tell you who or why. That it has 3 actors from Python is possibly an indicator. Since Cleese is in it, there's a good chance that was at least part of it.
But it's nothing like Python, it's just a brilliant comedy - half the actors are American. As I said, Kline won an oscar for his performance
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16704

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally like Curtis, too.
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum